He smelled so bad

Administrator
He smelled so bad
Tue, 02-24-2009 - 9:10am
Okay I know this is going to sound petty of me but you wouldn't believe what happened yesterday at the gym. First of all, our gym is expanding and several of the local factories have offered gym memberships as part of their pay packages and perks so here lately it's been packed in there. There is usually a waiting list to get on the cardio equipment at certain times of the day so I've been trying to get in early to avoid the crowds. Well, yesterday I couldn't get in early so I had to go during a really crowded time and to my surprise a treadmill opened up as soon as I got there. I get my towel and get on and get started when the one beside me opened up as well. A young man comes over and starts up the one beside me and instantly I was hit with this horrible odor. I kept trying to ignore it but as the time went on it got worse and worse. I noticed people starting to exit the treadmills and elipticals (which was very unusual) and others would attempt to get started then suddenly quit. A mile and a half into my workout, I had to give up too. It was horrible. I can't believe he didn't notice and I couldn't believe he came to the gym IN that condition. Everyone literally breathed a sigh of relief when he finished and left. ugg!

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

iVillage Member
In reply to: cmkarla
Tue, 02-24-2009 - 9:15am

Oh, I can... I think men are oblivious to such things.

In a gym long ago, in a land far away, there was a very obese gentleman who would come in and use the stepmill. Now, he was on here for a very long time and you all know how hard this machine is. I give him boatloads of credit for coming in, working out and pushing it that hard. BUT, he positively dripped. The sweat just pooled around him on the floor (and he usually smelled rancid). Worst thing, he NEVER cleaned the machine. He just walked away when he was done. Everybody in the gym knew and no one went near the machine until staff would go clean it. Finally, I started to see him spray it down but ewww... *shudder*

Administrator
Tue, 02-24-2009 - 10:04am
Ewww Ewwww! I've seen sweaters drip all over stuff then just leave their puddles and it's so gross.

Karla

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-24-2009 - 11:36am

Or maybe he knew and did it so he could be alone at the gym.:-)

Administrator
Tue, 02-24-2009 - 11:46am

• Or maybe he knew and did it so he could be alone at the gym.:-)

Karla

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-24-2009 - 11:48am
LOL, it reminds me of this Jerry Seinfeld skit where he talks about how people complain about traffic and he has no problems with it. He said he just starts swerving some and gets this crazed look in his eyes and clenches his steering wheel hard. People steer clear.

Administrator
Tue, 02-24-2009 - 11:55am
ROFL! Great idea but I just don't think I could make myself not wear deodorant or clean clothes to the gym just to ensure I get enough time on the equipment.

Karla

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-24-2009 - 1:02pm
OMG - that's the funniest picture!!