Exercise Ideas for client

iVillage Member
Exercise Ideas for client
Tue, 05-05-2009 - 7:34am
My friend has a client who she's had forever but when she's out of town, I've worked with her. The client is in amazing shape, can do 20+ pull ups, etc.

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-05-2009 - 9:12am

How about...

Kick lunges - hold the wall for support. Inner leg kicks high and then you kick back into a lunge.

Medicine Ball or FW Figure 8's - This is kind of an interesting one for shoulders. You can hold a medicine ball with both hands or use free weights unilaterally but make large Figure 8 motions. Really works the shoulder well without overhead movements.

V-sit Tailbone Balance - this one was in the last ACE newsletter. Balance on the tailbone and pass a small weight in front of you (or to be more advanced, go overhead but I know she can't do that). It is a LOT harder than it looked in the picture. :)

Btw, Jean, totally OT, but I wanted to ask if you read the article in the last ACE newsletter about BOSU's being problematic because they force the ankles to assume unnatural positions? Their replacement device looked interesting. I've yet to see one in person.

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-05-2009 - 1:23pm

Thanks--I'll bet I can have her do that lunge kick on the BOSU.

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-07-2009 - 2:16pm
I was playing with this lunge kick idea today and there are a lot of good options with it--thanks for the idea!