What price would you put on this?

iVillage Member
What price would you put on this?
Thu, 10-08-2009 - 8:34am
My friend and I are going to offer a 5 session personal training bootcamp for up to five people for a silent auction fundraiser. The price isn't that important, except to give people an idea of how much the service is worth. So...taking a class at a gym costs about $15 per person. Personal training is $80 per person but if you join us, you each get a $10 discount so it's $70 each and so forth. With 5 people, that would be $40 per person. I was thinking of saying fair market value is $20 per person so for five people, five sessions, $500. Does that seem reasonable?

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-08-2009 - 9:02am
Yes, that's fair.
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-08-2009 - 9:29am
I think that sounds right.
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-09-2009 - 1:44pm
I think you should put the price you'd actually charge to do it. One of the reasons people donate items to silent auctions is for the publicity for their business. There's a good chance that the package will go for more than it's worth and you'll have other people wanting to actually pay you to do it. Also, you don't want to put less than the full price because it will mean less money for the charity in the bidding.
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-09-2009 - 2:40pm
I'm not looking at it for publicity since I don't train at the dance studio and couldn't. So, unless the people belonged to my gym, they really couldn't hire me and if they did, it would be gym rates. There's really nothing comparable to small group boot camp, except a larger class and you'd only pay gym fees. But with small group personal training at my gym, it might cost more but you have access to a whole gym and the equipment there. I'll ask the people who do the auction what they think, if I should bump it up.