BTW, new posters and lurkers...

iVillage Member
BTW, new posters and lurkers...
Thu, 11-05-2009 - 12:34pm
Feel free to join us in any thread, especially the daily journal below where we talk about our workouts, food, whine about stuff, talk about anything.

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-07-2009 - 7:45pm

Thanks Jean! I am just checking out this board tonight. I guess I will give a quick introduction here for those who don't know me.

I am Maria. I am Mom to 3 kiddos (Jonas, 12; Emily, 3; Caleb, 22 months) and Wife to my soul mate, Nick. We live in the Pittsburgh, PA area. I have worked out since I was in high school. While I was pregnant with Emily, I was on exercise restriction so that was hard. Then, I had Emily and Caleb just 18 months apart so I didn't have much chance to get back to my usual workout routine. After having Caleb, I started running and cross training 5-6 days a week to help me lose my baby weight.

I love my gym! My absolute favorite day of exercise is Tuesdays. I do a Pilates Short class (30 minutes) followed by an hour of Strength and Core class. Then, that night, I run 4 miles. I always feel so strong that day (and sore for the next two but it's a good sore). I also work one night a week at the gym, so my membership is free:)

I have been running outside quite a bit this Summer and even ran my first marathon, but as the temps go down and the snow and ice come, I will be relying on my trusty gym to get me through.

I look forward to meeting everyone on this board. Thanks for having me:)