smelling up the office

iVillage Member
smelling up the office
Thu, 04-01-2010 - 11:01am

Here is the background for a question I want to ask: I re-joined the gym in my office building. It's just a small thing, not a real gym, and it doesn't have towel service. I joined to help me fit in

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-01-2010 - 11:18am
I don't think it's gross. If you're not drippy sweaty afterward, I Don't see a problem with using some wipes and cleaning up "for real" later.
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-01-2010 - 9:42pm

I think it depends on the person.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-01-2010 - 10:30pm

I agree with you. I've never been to a gym that had a towel service! How nice!
I wake up in the morning, shower and wash my hair(it's very short)and then I go to the gym before work. I sweat, but not to the point where I am soaked. I'm doing 20 minutes of HIIT so my face gets sweaty and my armpits sometimes my lower back and crotch area. I cool down a bit after my 20 minute session while I do about 4 or 5 minutes of stretching. I don't have time to shower. I just wipe off the sweat and get dressed in work clothes put on a bit of makeup, finger comb my hair and away I go. I do not smell at all, I have had some close friends check for me(LOL!) because I was worried at first.
In my workplace there are about 350 of us in cubicles so it is a scent free zone...no perfumes of any kind.
I think sometimes people get too crazy about showering I know that some will just go and rinse off but then, like you said, you have to lug around a towel and flip-flops.
Today I started riding my mountain bike to work. It's a 25 km round trip. Downhill on the way there and uphill back. I barely break a sweat unless it's super hot and humid out and that won't happen here in southern Ontario until at least July.
I get a bit of helmet head which is quickly corrected with a bit of water and my fingers.

I think the only time I notice that I stink is when I go to ballet class and it's that time of the month...totally hormonal...it's like I have toxic sweat! Blech! I come home and shower right away after that!LOL!

Nathalie