BOSU combo

iVillage Member
BOSU combo
Thu, 04-29-2010 - 12:42pm

I just tried this today--major anaerobic and core...

1) Basic move is burpee, hands on the BOSU, alternate w/ football shuffle. Do-able for everyone.

2) Next level, when you do the burpee, finish up by jumping onto the BOSU, then shuffle on the floor. Again, do-able for everyone.

3) Next level, when you do the burpee, the last part when your legs jump in and you stand/jump up, do it all in one so you're going from push up position and exploding up w/ arms and legs and end up standing on the BOSU. Football shuffle on the ground. Harder level, face plant possibility if you overshoot.

4) Same thing, only when you explode off the floor from push up, land on one leg on the BOSU. Shuffle on the floor. It's major core, too, trying to stick that landing.

I think this is definitely a short person advantage drill, which are my favorites.

Administrator
In reply to: cl_jeanwl
Thu, 04-29-2010 - 1:42pm

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-29-2010 - 2:11pm

Leave it to guys to do crazy things on them! There are cool things you can do with the squishy side down. At the conference, they pointed out that you're not supposed to stand on the BOSU that way, and then proceeded to show us exercises that way.

Speaking of crazy, I just found this with the BOSU ballast ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHPHPO1jAIQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKdfEd9d0IY&feature=related

The end of the second one shows you why not to do these things.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-29-2010 - 2:20pm
That reminds me of windsailing lessons - the instructor said that women have a much faster time learning because, while the men get exhausted trying to muscle the sail up (filled with water), the women just take their time and let the water glide out of the sail before pulling it up.
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-29-2010 - 2:21pm
OMG, omg, omg, to both videos!
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-29-2010 - 3:29pm

At least the Americans were smart enough to do it on a thick mat!!

This dvd just came today. Looking forward to trying it out!

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-29-2010 - 5:14pm
Mine, too. I can't wait to see it!

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-29-2010 - 5:15pm
I had a ski instructor tell me when he teaches women, they listen and adjust. Men just keep doing the same thing, only harder. Or, as my son and I joke, it's the BFI method--brute force and ignorance.