Changes and updates over the years...
Find a Conversation
|Fri, 04-30-2010 - 7:28am|
In the years you've been working out, what recommendations have been updated?
Off the top of my add (I'll add on as I think of more):
1) Drinking 8 glasses of water a day--that was such an arbitrary number but listening to your body is the best judge of dehydration. Drinking excess amounts of water does nothing for you but make you run for the bathroom all the time.
2)Coffee and tea are diuretics--barely, they still count towards water intake.
3) Pregnancy and working out--it's made huge strides since I was pregnant and you're no longer told just to walk.
4) Core work--it never used to be mentioned but it's key, as important, IMO as cardio, strength, flexibility.
5) No pain, no gain--enough said.
6) Fat free is the way to go. You don't absorb some nutrients from vegetables w/out some fat. Salmon, avocado, flaxseeds, etc. all have good fats that we need.
7) Carb free is the way to go.