Taking a week or more off...

iVillage Member
Taking a week or more off...
Tue, 05-18-2010 - 8:48am
I overheard a conversation yesterday where a woman talked about recently taking a week off and they were saying how it's good for you to do that. It is but it got me thinking that I haven't done that in sooo long. Even w/ marathon/training, I took off about three days before I taught. When was the last time you took a whole week off and did nothing? I can't remember--when I went to Disney, I didn't "work out" but I did walk from morning to night.

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 7:09am
What a great story (minus the accident), even that you were determined enough to get there after the accident. Were you living near Las Vegas at the time? What a fun activity for you and your husband!

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 7:53am

WOW!

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-22-2010 - 9:18am

No we have always lived here in Southern Ontario...not close to Las Vegas at all.
That's the good part about winning these tournaments...all your expenses are paid for when you go(except for food).
We will go there one of these days.
This year we didn't join a league because we were fed up of the whole team thing. You have to be in a league to enter the tournaments.
It was a big headache.....every Sunday driving out-of-town and playing pool for 6 hours and half your players don't show up or drink themselves silly and don't want to help keep score etc...
It gets old pretty fast if you know what I mean.
We have this beautiful professional pool table at home and we can play anytime we want. When we first got the table we were so excited that we'd get up in the middle of the night and have a few games in our pajamas!LOL!

Nathalie

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-24-2010 - 7:44am
That's so cool that you're both into it, too. We're planning on finishing the basement this summer and are debating between getting a pool table or air hockey. We have to see if there's enough space for a pool table.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-24-2010 - 7:50am

FWIW, we got an air hockey table and put it in the basement.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-24-2010 - 8:28am
I have the feeling ours would go the same way. When I was growing up, we used our ping pong table all the time, though. Maybe I should look for a used air hockey table.

Pages