Flakey Client Strikes Again...

iVillage Member
Flakey Client Strikes Again...
Wed, 06-09-2010 - 5:48pm

Just need to get my vent on for a few...

I arrive at FC's house today to find a scribbled note that she had gone to Urgent Care with her child. The note also said that she couldn't remember if we were training today or tomorrow.

Now, why she couldn't call me to save me the trip or part of the trip, I don't know. And she asked Monday if we could train today (we are switching to thursdays in a couple weeks) because her baby has a doctor appointment tomorrow. Additionally, she asked on Monday if she could pay me today because her husband was home sick and sleeping in the bedroom where the checkbook was. I said that was fine. So at this point, I went there for nothing.

What makes matters worse is that I worked Monday night to prepare for this afternoon. And I emailed her that night with ALL of the dates we discussed. So if she had just read her freaking email, she would have known what day we were training.

ARRRRRRRRRHHHHHGGGGGGG. So frustrated. I'm angry because I went out of my way to be organized and prepared and she couldn't do me the courtesy of one simple little phone call. I feel like I have no recourse here.

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-09-2010 - 8:10pm

How annoying!

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-09-2010 - 8:49pm

Clients do have sick days they can use for late canceling although I differentiate this because I actually showed up at her house. I had already decided that I would charge her for the session (she'd have 11 sessions instead of 12 and 2 sick days still intact). She wrote to me a while ago and she said she would pay for me today.

I do my best to set boundaries but occasionally, I have a client that finds a way around them. And honestly, I don't think it's intentional. She's just kind of a mess in general. Apparently, someone bit her kid at daycare and she couldn't find her phone to call me.

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-10-2010 - 8:08am
I'm glad you're charging her. If you don't set the precedence, they keep doing it (as you know I found, and even then, they still don't always cancel). I think it's so much more about courtesy than convenience. At some point, call. It takes a minute!

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-10-2010 - 8:17am
Awesome about her writing to you to tell you that you are getting paid for that day! :)