Seasonal workout changes

Administrator
Seasonal workout changes
Tue, 08-10-2010 - 4:25pm

Do you change your workouts according to seasons? I know people who spend winters doing more cardio and more weights during the summer and just wondered why. Do you do

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-12-2010 - 9:09am

My mother is very type A, and she said, that when she started, she would get through the entire "choreography" of moves in record time, while everyone else took "forever" to finish.

Administrator
Thu, 08-12-2010 - 9:15am
Very interesting. We talked mom into taking Tai Chi because she was stressed over dad dying, had gained a considerable amount of weight and appeared to be experiencing dementia. Now after several months she seems to be doing much better. She's far less stressed, really enjoying learning the moves and whatever was going on in her mind was probably not demetia (most likely stress related).

Karla

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-12-2010 - 9:23am
Perhaps it was grief/depression?
Administrator
Thu, 08-12-2010 - 9:36am

My father was a very sick man and basically deteriorated over several years. Mom was his main caregiver until one day I was up visiting and couldn't believe how bad things had gotten. Neither one of them would bathe, mom ate constantly, they argued all the time and any time I got mom out of the house she begged and pleaded for

Karla

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-12-2010 - 12:21pm
What a lot for all of you to go through. Your parents have been lucky to have you two around (which is a tribute to them, too). I can't imagine how grueling it must be to be a primary caregiver like that. My friend is an only child and both of her parents ended up with Alzheimer's and she's had to take care of them (her father died last year). Recently, her aunt was diagnosed with it and her aunt has no children so my friend is in charge of her, too. She's not the primary caregiver, they're in facilities but it's so stressful. She said she's on edging just waiting for the next phone call.

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-12-2010 - 12:34pm

Oh, Karla, I can so relate to your story!

Administrator
Thu, 08-12-2010 - 1:25pm

{{hugs}} to you too. The whole ordeal was truly a life changing event. I have an entirely new outlook on life and family. With so many people divorced, disjointed,

Karla

Pages