NEW HERE...scared, need questions ans...
Find a Conversation
|Sun, 01-05-2003 - 12:10am|
NEW HERE...scared, need questions answered please
I have just found that I am pregnant yesterday via a routine sono to check on an ovarian cyst. Talk about a suprise!!! I am 5 weeks, 1 day along. We do have a photo, and we saw the heartbeat. I am on the pill for the cyst, and a very faithful user, never missed or skipped a dose.
I have come to the conclusion with my husband (we are both in our early twenties) that we need to terminate this pregnancy, as he is a student, and we live off of my income. (He works, but his main focus is his education, not his job), therefor the income there is limited. My company does not offer a paid maternity leave, and my insurance is good, but not that good... We live in a one bedroom apartment. The cheapest we could find in our area, and we struggle to meet rent each month.
We really want to have a family, but now is just NOT the time. We have done nothing but hold each other, support each other, cry, and do our research.
We know we need to have an AB. We both agree that it would not be fair to the child to enter into this world under our present financial status. We cannot afford to move. We cannot afford even the drs appointments, after insurance benefit has been paid. Let alone the cost of diapers, formula, clothing...
We want to wait to start our family after he is finished with his education, starts his career, move to a larger house... This is the way we want it, no changing our minds. We want to be able to provide in the best manner possiable for our children. We want me to be able to be a stay at home mommy for the early learning and bonding with the child(ren). We both were raised in those types of households, and want to provide the same....
So, we are now wondering how do you choose a clinc? How do you know it is safe, and not "some guys basement". What are the risks to my health? What about jeopardizing the chanches of future healthy pregnancys when the time IS right? Emotionally, we know this is the correct discision, and we are very supportive of each other, and very open with our emotions. We just need to know how to go about it.
What is safer? Medical or the pill? We have researched where the closest clinics are located, and their fees. We are looking at 3+ hours travel each way. Should I discuss the discision with my ob/gyn first, or just go and do it?
After the sono was finished, I did set up an appoitment in 2 weeks with my ob/gyn, out of healthy choice, but AB is the only option. Should I cancel this appt., or keep it. It is for an overview with the nurse on pregnancy health, and then a physical with the DR to be sure all is okay.
I am so scared of the fact we will end up at a bad clinic. Scared that we will not be able to conceive in the future due to complications with this procedure.
How could this have happened when we use birth control? What about after the AB, and before we are ready to start our family... how safe is the pill... if we ended up pregnant on it? The pill is the only option due to the cysts, as previously discussed with our dr. The depo shot and other methods (iud, patch, etc.) are not. Do we need to use a condom/foam in conjunction with the pill?
Any help would be greatly appriciated. Sorry this is so long.........