Yoga help please

iVillage Member
Yoga help please
Fri, 09-03-2010 - 3:33pm

I started doing Yoga X (from the P90X series) about a month or so ago. The poses are getting easier to get into but one issue has remained constant and I wonder if y'all can shed any light on it? When I am in certain positions (downward dog, shoulder stand, forward bend, child pose), I sometimes feel like I can barely breathe. Other times my sinuses go crazy. My nose runs and my ears need to be popped. Is it because I am not used to being upside down or curled up like those poses require? Is it going to get better? Should I talk to my doctor?

Let me know what you think...

Photobucket

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.

It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.

Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up.

It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.

It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle,

when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

READ MY BLOG HERE

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-07-2010 - 9:33am

I know that it is currently ragweed season (in the midwest), and "they" are reporting on the news (as they do each year) that it is the worst year for ragweed.

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-07-2010 - 9:53am
Sorry, I must have missed this post. I think fsn might be onto something. I've read that some people have post nasal drip and don't realize it. The only symptom might be a scratchy throat, or clearing. I wonder if being upside down causes it to go to your head. Have you tried Claritin or anything like that and notice a difference?

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-07-2010 - 10:31am

I am on Allegra for seasonal allergies already. I wonder if I need something in addition to it or maybe a change?

Photobucket

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.

It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.

Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up.

It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.

It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle,

when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

READ MY BLOG HERE

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-07-2010 - 11:33am

I have found, with some allergy meds, that I develop a resistance to them after a while.