Yoga help please

iVillage Member
Yoga help please
Fri, 09-03-2010 - 3:33pm

I started doing Yoga X (from the P90X series) about a month or so ago. The poses are getting easier to get into but one issue has remained constant and I wonder if y'all can shed any light on it? When I am in certain positions (downward dog, shoulder stand, forward bend, child pose), I sometimes feel like I can barely breathe. Other times my sinuses go crazy. My nose runs and my ears need to be popped. Is it because I am not used to being upside down or curled up like those poses require? Is it going to get better? Should I talk to my doctor?

Let me know what you think...

Photobucket

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.

It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.

Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up.

It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.

It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle,

when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

READ MY BLOG HERE

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-07-2010 - 11:33am

I have found, with some allergy meds, that I develop a resistance to them after a while.

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-07-2010 - 10:31am

I am on Allegra for seasonal allergies already. I wonder if I need something in addition to it or maybe a change?

Photobucket

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.

It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.

Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up.

It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.

It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle,

when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

READ MY BLOG HERE

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-07-2010 - 9:53am
Sorry, I must have missed this post. I think fsn might be onto something. I've read that some people have post nasal drip and don't realize it. The only symptom might be a scratchy throat, or clearing. I wonder if being upside down causes it to go to your head. Have you tried Claritin or anything like that and notice a difference?

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-07-2010 - 9:33am

I know that it is currently ragweed season (in the midwest), and "they" are reporting on the news (as they do each year) that it is the worst year for ragweed.