Rosie's Journal

iVillage Member
Rosie's Journal
Wed, 05-30-2007 - 12:44pm

Hello everyone! I'm in the middle of week 3 and I thought I better start one of these journals to keep myself in line. I tried to start one a few weeks ago and I screwed it up somehow so I'm starting over! Here's a little info on me. My name is Mary Rose, age 50. My husband and I are doing this together. We both have hit a 50 age crisis! Him more than myself. Ha! Sleep apnea, HBP, family diabetes, etc. I've had HBP for 23 years and I don't think that will change much. We had a major loss in our life 26 months ago when we lost our 20 year old son. He was in an auto accident and he died from injuries he sustained in that accident. I'd say we started the uncontrollable eating, eating out..I'm sure you know what I mean. SO..here we are. Thank God we're doing this together! It's so much easier. My goal is 54 lbs. and his 80 lbs. A NEW LIFE!

Memorial weekend was very hard on us. I did okay but it was hard! He didn't fair as well. He was the cook at our nephew's graduation party and you can only imagine how that went. He's been a snacker while he cooks from way back. He's definitely paying for it now. We weigh in tonight and he's not thinking it's going to go well. I don't think I've lost my 2 lbs but I don't think I've gained either. We'll see.

I'll be back because I've got a long way to go!!

Mary Rose
Start 5/9/07
182.6/175.4/130

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-30-2007 - 1:20pm

Hi Mary Rose

I am very sorry about your son....that had to be the hardest hurdle anyone has to face in life and I send my prayers to you and your family.

Yes I would understand that eating could easily fill a void in a situation like that.

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-30-2007 - 2:03pm

Hi Karen,

Thank you for your kind words. Our son's death has put our lives in a whole new perspective. What we used to care about... we don't anymore. We do have another son who's 26 and he's married with a daughter. She's going to be 2 in July. She's another reason we decided to go into this new lifestyle. We want to be able to see her grow up into a beautiful young lady. She is our joy right now.

I know we are soo...very new to this plan and we have a lot to learn. I have been reading some of the other journals and I already have learned a lot. I just keep praying for the strength for both of us to do this. It's quite a financial committment too. I'm hoping that will be a big incentive too! I have found that it's such a big shock to see what we are supposed to be eating to compared to what we did eat. My god! Anyway I think so much of it is in my head. I almost had a total melt down in the grocery store last Friday but I made it through. Horrible experience!

Oh well...I'm at work and really need to act like it. Thanks so much for listening and your advice!

Mary Rose
Gold w/lites
Start Date 5/9/07
182.6/175.4/130

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-30-2007 - 2:21pm

Hi and Welcome

thflowers-hahd23222.gif picture by Wren53B

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-30-2007 - 2:38pm

You stay on the board and get all the support you need cause we have it to give...LOL

Yeah we all had the grocery store meltdown...LOL---that is normal......it is a whole new way of shopping and I know I freaked out big time...LOL

Always just relax with this plan because healthy eating is for life.....never rush yourself.....you have time to complete this change....and it takes time to detox the body and start to mentally accept a new way of eating.

So do not be overwhelmed......it can easily happen....and if you feel a meltdown coming you write a post for help or ideas or just to rant and rave....lol....we have all done it....LOL---and will continue to do it...LOL

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-30-2007 - 4:27pm

Thank you too for your words of encouragement. We'll see how the weigh in goes in a couple of hours. We have to make this work and I know as long as we are doing it together we'll be fine. I won't tell my husband I'm journaling. You guys will be my back up and I'll be his!

Thanks,
Mary Rose

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-30-2007 - 4:29pm

The message boards is like phoning a friend!!! I like it. I have a long way to go and I'm sure I'll need the support and encouragement.

I'll post tomorrow how I did.

Talk soon,
MR

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-31-2007 - 7:53am

Good Morning Everyone! I wanted to post this morning before work. Boss in town and I won't be talking on line today. :O) We weighed in last night and I had lost 2.6 lbs. and my husband 3 lbs.! We both were shocked and happy. She suggested the TO but I don't want to spend the money unless I have to. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

MR aka Mary Rose
Start Date 5/9/07
gold w/lites

182.6/173.0/130

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-31-2007 - 8:37am

Hi Rosie

one thing about take off......if you are losing this good don't do it.

When your body is in normal losing mode then stick wtih the plan....do not do take off....it just screws up your metabolism.

You are right...stay on plan.

take off is for when you are stalled or plateaued for something like that...

good luck and congrats! on those losses!!!---more to come

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-31-2007 - 1:06pm

Hi, I agree with Karen - don't do TO if you are loosing well.

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-31-2007 - 6:20pm

Hey Karen! Thanks for your advice on the Take Off. I thought it might be premature to use it and I hope I won't have to use if for quite a while.

I had a rough day at work so now it's time to plan dinner. Grilled chicken breast and I'm going to put sliced potatoes with green peppers and carrots in aluminum foil and stick it on the grill too. Mouth is watering!!

Have a good evening,
MR

Photobucket

Pages