Perioral Dermititis

iVillage Member
Perioral Dermititis
Sun, 04-25-2010 - 8:42am

Has anyone ever heard of this before? I never had until yesterday and I think this is the skin condition I've been dealing with the past few months. Here is a link that explains what it is:

http://dermnetnz.org/acne/perioral-dermatitis.html

Here is a basic rundown of my story. I found out I was pregnant in Oct. 2009 and shortly after that started to have some eczema that wouldn't go away. It progressively got worse around Dec/Jan and I finally decided to go see a dermatologist. She prescribed me a steroid cream, that is safe to use during pregnancy, and said to use it for 2 weeks. I used it for the 2 weeks but once I stopped I got this rash that looked like acne but wasn't really acne. I called the derm and they gave me an emolient cream to use to keep the eczema away. This was in Feb. Well it was this same pattern until present time. My DH was talking with a woman he works with and she mentioned this other dermatitis. So I have to call the derm on monday morning to see if what I have going on is this perioral. I've stopped using the steroid cream about a week ago. They said in the article that the rash gets worse before it starts to improve. And it did get really bad and it is better today but it is still there and it feels really dry but I'm not sure what to use on it.

Has anyone ever heard of or had this dermatitis?

Cheers, Katie

Photobucket

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers