Discouraged

iVillage Member
Discouraged
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 10:42am
I'm just discouraged today. It seems I am burning more calories than I am eating, but yet I still don't lose weight. and It seems that i can't stay away from carbs. Everything I eat has carbs in it and it's frustrating.

Food Diary for last 24 hrs....

Dinner - 3 fried eggs,, 2 pcs whole wheat toats, some salsa

Snack - 4 pieces of celery with peanut butter

Breakfast - 2 pcs melba toast, banana

Snack - Granola Bar

Drinking lots of water too....What am I doing wrong???

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: princsstrish
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 10:48am
Please don't get discouraged. How long have you been trying to lose weight? I know I have to keep careful track of my calories in order to lose and even then it's only 1 to 2 lbs in a week. I would keep up and exercise and it will show. Remember this weight didn't come on over night & it won't leave either over night.

I lost 8lbs and since Aug I didn't lose anything up until about 3 weeks ago. I'm down 5lbs that's with keeping with a 1400 calorie a day diet & exercising almost everyday.

Monica

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 10:51am
I've been trying to lose the last 10 lbs for about 6 weeks now. Before that, I lost 40 lbs, just by changing my diet. But I improved my diet even more and started including exercise to lose the last 10 lbs. I haven't even lost any inches. I feel better overall, just healthier but no changes taking place overall.
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 11:09am
Looks like you aren't eating enough. Are you hungry during the day? Do you exercise? Your body might be in a starvation mode. You need at least 50 grams of protein and all your other vitamins, otherwise your energy levels will be LOW.

Here is my typical day:

Breakfast: bagel, 2 T. Neufchatel cream cheese

Snack: fruit

Lunch: 2 slices 12 grain bread, 4 slice no-fat lunch meat, mustard

Snack: motzerella cheese stick

Snack: sugarfree yogurt

Dinner: tuna or chicken or pasta or beans with rice or eggsalad or any lean protein AND 8 ounces of skim milk, green veggie (mustard, collard, turnip greens, broccoli, spinach etc.)

64 oz. water and one hour of low-impact aerobics

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 11:15am
I'm not hungry at all during the day. i drink plenty of water 64-72 oz a day. I exercise 5 or 6 times a week....only missing a day if I end up having dinner plans or such. I end up eating about every two hours, and my "meals" are small and healthy. For lunch today, I'm having a small can of tuna, 2 pieces of melba toast, an apple and water. For snack I'll have a trail mix bar and some mixed nuts.

Wish I had someone to prepare all this stuff for me and I could just grab a bag of food every day!!! I have healthy stuff at home but i don't like to cook for one person all that much so I prefer quick and easy stuff, plus as I've said before, it has to be cheap too. I'm pretty broke. I can't afford to go out and buy the 10 ingredients it takes to make ONE recipe. I need stuff that I can add to many different things.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 11:55am
I know just how you feel. I've been going up and down two pounds for the last month or more. And I have been doing WW points the last week and still nothing. So I know I'm not under eating or over eating.

I've changed my exercise so I am getting more cross training in. I've tried changing the number of points I get in food each day so that my body is not in a rut. But still no major weight changes. Have been going down about .2 pounds each day, but not consistently. (I have a digital scale.)

I am determined to eat right and exercise right no matter what the scales say. I would like to lose another 10 pounds just to get to the weight my doctor recommended.

I think it really has to do with being so close to where I, we, need to be. When I weighed over 200 it was so easy to eat right and lose weight. But now it seems impossible.

I can only suggest that you keep working at it. Maybe you should even eat a little more two or three times a week. The last thing we want is our bodies to think they are in starvation mode. I find a good lean steak often has done the trick for me.

Use your frustration to learn more about foods, and their health advantages. Or spend this time learning new exercises. I am suffering from a little back ache but as soon as that is over I'm back to the dumbells.

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 12:18pm
imaeterp-

In my opinion I think you're not eating enough and your body is storing fat/weight.

Alot of people think you have to eat very little food to lose weight, but this is not true. You actually need to eat more to lose especially if you're working out. More healthy food. Lean protein, veggies, nuts, and limit your carbs to good carbs, like yams, brown rice, etc. It's NOT how much you need it's what you eat and when.

I have lost thirty pounds eating this way. Ask any health expert, they will tell you you

should add more food to your current diet. Good luck!!!

--Michelle

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 12:19pm
Great point. I agree you should make sure your eating enough during the day.

Also eating smaller meals sometimes helps also. Adding some variety will help you

out of your rut. Also try working out at 4 days a week, I've heard that's what

you need for weightloss.

Monica

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 1:01pm
yes, i know that, but i'm not hungry to eat more. I eat throughout the day and i fill up at my meals. I have no desire to eat more. The stuff i do eat is healthy though. I am NOT starving myself. I love food too much to do that. I just have to figure out more good stuff to eat. I experiment with other stuff all the time, but i get bored with it. Again, i don't like to cook so most of the stuff i eat has to be either pre made, or easy to throw together. I am definitely NOT starving myself, no way! I'm full most of the day. After 9 pm I sometimes get a little hungry but I just have some water and I'm AOK.

Tricia

p.s. you guys are great with the advice though, unfortunately it's nothing i haven't heard before but it just doesn't seem to be working :(

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 1:03pm
I do work out at least 4 days a week. I eat small meals all throughout the day. I'm never hungry. I seem to be following everything they say to do. I guess I'll just try and be patient. It's hard though. Sometimes i think, well I'm not losing any weight so why can't i eat those little debbie snacks...doesn't matter anyways.
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 1:32pm
In your post it didn't look like you were eating enough..

Pages