MIA?

iVillage Member
MIA?
Fri, 02-06-2009 - 12:00am

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't been on for a couple of days.

iVillage Member
In reply to: wolfiesgirl81
Fri, 02-06-2009 - 12:07pm

Wow, that's awesome.

Terrie
Pregnancy ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-06-2009 - 1:22pm

Hooray for you Carla! I'm glad you got your internet worked out! Good to hear your friend and her new baby are doing well .. I'm sure you deserved a break in there anyway :)

That's awesome that you learned to swim last year, practice makes perfect, sounds like you were doing great before the holidays (holidays ruin everything ;) LOL You'll get back on track in no time :)

You've been doing great, I'm glad your DH noticed, how sweet of him!! Keep it up and I'm glad you're back :)

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-06-2009 - 3:11pm

I noticed you took a few days off and I missed your posts! So glad to have you back :) Your husband sounds a lot like my boyfriend. They love us no matter what, truly, but also support us wanting to be the best version of "us" that we can be.

Laps are so hard! I have gone to the pool to do laps and its a harder work out than one might think. I didn't count the amount of laps I did and you reminded me I need to do that so I can track my progress. Doing laps in the shallow end is a great idea until you get more comfortable in the water.

I can stay a float in the pool but I sometimes feel self conscience because I feel like my form is all off. I took swim lessons as a little kid and I swam a lot in my parents above ground pool but I just wish I was more efficient in the water and looked less like a spastic whale! Im sure no one notices me. Its the YMCA and its very very inclusive to all types of people and fitness levels (what I love about it) but I certainly feel like i have room to improve my form.

So how did you just learn to swim?! Thats amazing. Did you take swim lessons? In a group or one on one? What a good lesson to teach your kids that you can take on a new challenge/hobby even as an adult.

Glad your internets back up!

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-06-2009 - 5:25pm

Carla, I give you a standing ovation just for getting in the pool!
I'm hopeless in the water, and have -0- desire to get in.....
Don't worry to much about the lack of endurance,
It will come back with practice.

And give your husband a great big hug from me.
It's so wonderful to hear about someone who is truly loving!

~Liz

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-07-2009 - 11:55pm

Hi Jenna,

The guys are just great.