What do you do to pass the time?

iVillage Member
What do you do to pass the time?
Wed, 02-18-2009 - 2:35pm

When on the treadmill, elliptical, or stationary bike (or something else?) ... what do you do to pass the time while running/jogging/walking/etc? Do you have your equipment setup in front of a tv? (Or is there a tv at the gym?) Do you read magazines or books or listen to music?

I know for me, and I've seen others mention as well, that it can get pretty boring sometimes (or ALL the time! :) So what do you do to pass the time and make it less boring?

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-18-2009 - 10:02pm

When I do indoor wogs, I do watch tv...outdoors I listen to an mp3 player or I play games. I would pick on a person who is walking 200 feet away and see how fast can get closer to that person. I also would jog to a certain tree and walk briskly to another tree and alternate.

Administrator
Thu, 02-19-2009 - 10:53am
I've just learned to throw a towel over the display so I'm not constantly focused on my time or distance. I then will watch tv. Depending on the station, I can usually get in one mile jogging from commercial break to commercial break. LOL

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-20-2009 - 6:10pm
When I do get on my treadmill, I try to get on as soon as a show is coming on that I want to watch. Yes, my treadmill is facing the TV