We're Taking a Walk ... Cross Country!!

iVillage Member
We're Taking a Walk ... Cross Country!!
Fri, 02-20-2009 - 6:30pm
I really like the idea of walking a certain # of miles for March! How about we take a cross country walk and visit everyone along the way?? :) If you'd like to share the city and/or state that you live in we can "walk" to visit you on our way across the country!

As I'm still forming this idea in my head, I've not quite figured out how I'm going to include "walking" to other countries!! Any ideas?? lol :) Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

We'll start at one city and "walk" our way to each one after that! Everyone can check in daily or weekly with how many miles you've walked to that day and we'll tally the miles and see how far we can get in March!

I'm in Greensboro, North Carolina ... so you'll definitely be "walking" along the east coast :) Where else will we walk in March? :) I'll be working on a some new graphics for the challenge as well, so please share any ideas! I was thinking one could say "Walking Miles & Miles in March!" Can' wait to see what everyone comes up with :)

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-21-2009 - 11:41pm

I'm up in Minneapolis Minnesota....cold and snow so dress warm!

Hugs, Ruth

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-22-2009 - 12:04pm
I am close to Cincinnati, Ohio!
Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-22-2009 - 4:10pm
I live in Chesapeake, VA (the NW part of Chesapeake, because--let's face it!--this city is pretty big) so I live thisclose to the coast. I don't have a problem with walking (since I can't drive, walking is sometimes the only option). My only problem is getting people to walk with. I don't know people who would do it. But I'm not walking these streets, alone. I'd really like to do it, though.
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-22-2009 - 4:22pm

I'm in Minneapolis too!

Terrie
Pregnancy ticker
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-22-2009 - 7:35pm
I agree about not wanting to walk alone in certain areas! Have you ever tried Leslie Sansone Walk at Home dvds? They are awesome and you can do it in the comfort of your own home in front of the tv! I thought it sounded weird at first ... walking in front of the tv .. how boring!! But they are great and fun and keep you interested! You should try it out, I think she has a sample video on her website. I bought 3 of her dvds and love them! You do 1, 3, 5 or more miles in just an hour or less!

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-24-2009 - 2:00am
I'm
Photobucket       &
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-24-2009 - 6:14pm
Well,I live in a 4-adult duplex, so the house is always cramped. But sometimes I go walking to the store with my sister. And that's about 40 minutes (including return trip). I used to go walking, fairly often. I did more walking when I was younger, however slower. At size 18, I was arguably obese.