Last 10 Pounds: iJournal

iVillage Member
Last 10 Pounds: iJournal
Tue, 03-03-2009 - 9:41pm

Hello All,
I've been posting on another board but this one looks more active and supportive. So I'm moving! Looks like you all have great advice :)

Little info about me...I'm 28, have 2 boys (3 and 1) and am happily married. DH and I are currently doing a fitness challenge that includes 7 goals such as drinking enough H20, exercising 3 hours weekly, eating 5 fruits/veggies, limited caffeine, etc. Meeting each goal gives you a certain point value and we put a little cash incentive for each point. I'm also part of a new health initiative at work. I had 5 goals and 6 months to reach them. I return for my final analysis April 3rd so I'm excited and motivated to finish strong.

Right now, I'm working to lose the last 10 pounds that cling stubbornly to my thighs. I run, do yoga, and do toning workouts. I like to exercise, but I also like to eat! My daily eats and exercise are listed below. Today was not a good day...DS has an ear infection so 4 hours of sleep last night and a trip to the Dr sort of threw off my good intentioned plans.

Breakfast: granola bar and OJ
Lunch: homemade chicken potpie, veggies and hummus
Snack: handful animal crackers, 1/2 piece chocolate cake, glass milk
Supper: chili and baked potato, french fries and chicken nugget stolen from kids
Snack: almonds and 2 hershey's kisses

Exercise: 20 minute toning

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-04-2009 - 7:06pm
Hi and welcome to the board :) I'm glad you decided to join us! Darn those last 10 pounds! We are doing a challenge for March that might help you lose it :) You should check it out, it really encompasses all exercising, but all together we're counting miles to travel the world :)

I look forward to seeing you around and getting to know you better !

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-04-2009 - 10:23pm

Thanks for the welcome! Should I submit miles daily or weekly? I'll check out the converter since I do some yoga and weight lifting too.

Breakfast: yogurt and homemade granola
Lunch: cheese pizza, fruit salad, veggie & ranch, milk
Snack: I don't even want to list this today! It was Teacher Appreciation Day so I sampled a little of everything but overall..way too much junk! A few bites of each of the following...apple bar, chips & taco dip, crackers and cheese, little smokies, chocolates, almonds

Supper: brown rice, chicken stir fry, egg roll, milk, salad

Exercise: a little walk with the boys in the double stroller. This was quite a task as not everyone has shoveled their sidewalks recently. Still better than nothing, but I didn't do the run I wanted to. I gave a test today so correcting instead...

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-05-2009 - 4:44pm

You can submit them either daily or weekly, or whenever you have time :) There will be a weekly thread started on each Sunday to log your miles in!

Teacher App Day, how fun! How long have you been a teacher? What grade(s)