Back Again!

iVillage Member
Back Again!
Sun, 03-15-2009 - 11:13pm

I was here in Feb. for a few weeks and fell off the band wagon and the message board :( I was out of the country on vacation.. had a great time... over indulged but didn't go totally nuts... i'm up a few pounds now.... so here I am again. I am back on board with my diet and plan to post a few times a week on here too.

Today I bought a food and exercise journal so I can write down everything I eat and all the exercise I do. I had one a few years ago that my sister bought me and I loved it. I think it really helped me see real progress and realize when I wasn't doing well what was different. Also I found my old nutritionist (the one I saw in college that helped me start my weight loss journey) she has gone into private practice and I am going to make an appointment to see her next week. I hope she can fit me in! We have already been in contact but not set the appointment yet. I am very very excited about that. I also bought a book on mindful eating. It looks good. I'll let you know how it is. I love to read anyway so it will be a nice way to keep my eye on the prize.

I have decided to set a 31 pound weight loss goal. That is a stretch goal though... 'cause I would be very happy to loose just 20 pounds. I set a date of June 11th as a date to work towards. That is my 24th birth day. I don't know if it is realistic to loose 31 pounds by that date but I think the goal is really to just get to a place where I feel good by then. It will be my birthday present; a stronger, healthier, thinner version of me.

Just wanted to tell everyone I am glad to be back!

iVillage Member
In reply to: jenna_2009
Mon, 03-16-2009 - 9:57pm
Welcome back Jenna :) I'm glad you're back! Falling off the wagon is OK, as long as you know you can get right back up again! Journaling and having goals are excellent ways to stay on track! I know you can do it :) And you can change out your february challenge graphics for a new march one :) Log all of your exercise, we're totaling miles and seeing how far we can travel in march :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-16-2009 - 10:06pm
I think I might download an application on my phone called "Bones in Motion" it tracks how far you go, the speed you run, the distance you travel, calories burned... and it does it all on your verizon wireless phone. I have a friend who uses it so Im thinking of subscribing. Ill let you know how it goes.
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-16-2009 - 10:17pm
How neat, that sounds awesome! I have verizon, so let me know what you think of it, maybe I'll use it too