I am new!

iVillage Member
I am new!
Sat, 04-11-2009 - 3:47pm

Hi everyone! What a fun community. I usually spend my time over in the Love section but thought I would join here.

I am 26, started at almost 180 and lost 10 lbs in a couple months from going to the gym. Weight loss slowed after that, went up and down a couple pounds, and about 3 weeks ago I started to get serious about it again. I am a kickboxer and I box 3-4 days a week, I just got a personal trainer who I see 1-2 times a week depending on schedule and I'm filling in the scheduling gaps with going to the gym. I like to do 45 minutes of high intensity cardio on the elliptical with 20-30 minutes of weight training. I spend 5-6 days a week doing some combination of these.

Since three weeks ago I've lost another 10 lbs. I'm 161 now, my goal weight is 135. I am a very muscular girl but want to get rid of this ugly layer of fat. If any of you are looking for a really good whole-body workout I STRONGLY urge you to check out kickboxing - Look for a MMA studio, don't just go through a gym for "cardio kickboxing" classes because you will get bored so easily. What I love about my MMA studio is that we have belt ranks (awesome motivational tool) and our master is very serious about kickboxing, self defense and fitness. It is a LOT of fun to kick a** for an hour after work.

Sorry for the long post! I will be checking in on Saturdays :)
-Brie

Oh, forgot to mention - Biggest part of my weight loss has been dietary changes. I have never been a breakfast eater so I try to drink a protein smoothie every day, I love to put frozen strawberries/raspberries with some orange juice and coconut juice and protein powder. Lunch is usually a salad of some sort. Dinner I've been keeping light lately, portion size is a big factor! Trying to keep it between 1200 and 1600 calories even though with kickboxing and everything I should be eating more. It's way easier not to consume calories than to try to burn them off.

Edited 4/11/2009 4:31 pm ET by secretlobster

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: secretlobster
Sun, 04-12-2009 - 5:17am
Hello and welcome to the board. Congrates on your 10lb weight loss. Have fun here and enjoy doing the challenges here.
Photobucket       &
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-12-2009 - 5:25pm
Hi Brie - great to see you over here! It is a very fun community with so much motivation and friendly gals who give great advice and suggestions when we need it! I'm sure you'll love it over here.

Congratulations on the weight loss, that's awesome. Keep it up and you'll be at your goal in no time. I've done a few of the cardio kickboxing classes in the past, but I've never searched my area for real kickboxing. I live in a somewhat smaller city, so I don't know if we have one, but I'll look around. I always enjoyed those kinds of classes, so I'm sure I'd love it.

Welcome again and make yourself at home. I look forward to seeing you around :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-13-2009 - 8:10am
Heyyyy always good to see another Love board regular around!
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-18-2009 - 11:02am
2lbs lost this week - Well four originally, but gained two back. I have been doing some more strength training than usual though. No worries. I am in a new "decade" of numbers, down from the 160s to the 150s. That feels really good.

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-18-2009 - 2:06pm
Awesome!! It certaintly feels good to go to a new "decade" - I like that :)

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-28-2009 - 8:40am
Weighing in at 155.2, this week wasn't as bad as I thought but still battling biology at the moment which is sort of soul-crushing. I've been getting a lot of comments on my weight loss. It feels good in a way but I also don't want to feel like I was unattractive BEFORE I started losing weight. I've lost 3.8 lbs between Sunday 4/19 and today. We did some hiking on Sunday which was nice because the weather was beautiful. Excited for kickboxing later on today, it's my first day at my new belt level!

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-28-2009 - 6:52pm
Great job Brie! That's awesome! Keep it up, you'll be at your goal in no time!

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-03-2009 - 1:24pm

Forgot to post yesterday, but weight at was 153.4. I am about 3-4 lbs ahead of schedule which I'm really happy with, but also causes me to be hypercritical.

I got asked out at the gym this morning which was flattering, LOL

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-09-2009 - 8:05am

HELLO LADIES, LOBSTER HERE

Seem to be experiencing something of a Saturday Morning Weight Dropoff. I feel like I gain a pound right in the middle of the week and then start to lose again between Thursday and Saturday. That's okay, I'm fine with patterns as long as I can reasonably predict them! Patterns are good.

So I have reflected in my ticker that I am 151.6, seems I am skipping all the even numbers for some reason. Since joining the board 3 weeks ago (sort of in the middle of my weight loss progress), I have lost eight pounds. That feels good. Thanks for the motivation!

I am going to reevaluate my goals in another 5-10lbs lost, I don't think I need to get down to 135 - I really can't have a skinny body, I like maintaining muscle and being badass. We'll see how I feel when I get there.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-11-2009 - 7:07am
Please, you really don't need to copy and paste that in response to every active thread on this board... I must have read that exact paragraph seven times now.

Pages