Week 1 progress

iVillage Member
Week 1 progress
Sat, 04-18-2009 - 9:28am

Two years ago I attended weekly meetings with an independent weight loss counselor. It was expensive, small group and all kinds of issues were discussed. One of the irritations was how much of our time was spent during report in time. It became "true confessions" with some members talking on & on about their weekly events. I joined this board because I like the idea of reporting weekly - and people can read as much or as little as they want! So, Saturday will be my day to report.

One lb. lost this week, but I'm not surprised. I cooked some foods that were hard to portion control accurately, so journal entry was a guestimate. Also made the mistake of buying some really good dense bread. It's like I can't stop eating it once I taste it. I should have cut slices for the meal, then wrapped it and put in the basement freezer. I also convinced myself that yard cleanup was = to aerobic workout - wrong. I MUST carve the time to change clothes, put the DVD in the machine and GO. The good thing I have been doing is core tightening exercises daily while I watch the morning news. The cats don't care if I'm still in my nightgown - LOL. This has helped my back get through the yard work.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
In reply to: jaybee458
Sat, 04-18-2009 - 10:56am
There is absolutely nothing wrong with one pound lost. That is progress no matter how you look at it. Some weeks will be stronger than others, but just because you lost one lb instead of four you should not waste time justifying what you did "wrong" - I admit I do this too, instead of looking at it as coming closer to my goal I justify why I didn't lose as much as I wanted. Doesn't matter, you still lost. Good for you! That is a good week!!
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-18-2009 - 2:18pm
Good for you Jacquie! I agree with Brie, a pound lost is better than a pound gained! While yard work may not be equal to an aerobic workout, it still counts for something! Much better than sitting on your butt in front of the tv ;) ALL movement burns calories! Keep up the great work! :)

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-18-2009 - 9:25pm

I need to acknowledge what didn't work so that, hopefully, I won't make that mistake again. This was one of the better parts about the group counseling, especially when the other members offered suggestions to stop the unwanted behavior.

Jacquie