im new here and am ready to join

iVillage Member
im new here and am ready to join
Mon, 04-20-2009 - 5:20pm
i am ready to join this community in losing weight. i need all the support i can get. i am going thru the process of getting weight loss surgery (roux en y gastric bypass). i am scheduled for my 3 hour appointment on april 27th. if i can start losing weight on my own regularly i may not even opt to have the surgery. i have been overweight since i was around 7. i am now 36 ( going on 37) and i weigh about double what i should or more. im 325 pounds and seriously need to lose weight. im 5'7" and i should weigh around 140. i need help.
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-20-2009 - 6:44pm
Congratulations on having taken the hardest step!! I really think that the weight loss surgery could be a great leap forward and that it gives you the motivation to keep going. But I also hope that you are able to explore other options first. I have found a lot of support here and hope that you will too! This is a great community. Looking forward to seeing you around!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-20-2009 - 7:13pm
Hi and welcome! You've come to the right place for support and motivation! I'm glad you decided to take that step and start the journey to a healthier you. I've heard good and bad things about the surgery, I'm happy to hear you are still considering it and it's not the only way to lose weight! Start slow and just know that it won't all come off in a day, it takes time and it can be VERY frustrating, but just keep pushing forward and you will get there!

What kind of exercise will you be doing? There are a lot of great videos out there that can be done at home, or have you signed up at a gym? Just take it one step at a time and you will get there! I look forward to seeing you around!