Another newbie

iVillage Member
Another newbie
Mon, 04-27-2009 - 7:55pm
Hi everyone!! My name is Kim and I have been on the debt support group on IVillage for a while now. It has helped me tremendously to get inspired to get rid of my debt. Now that I am credit card debt free, I'm ready to get to work on a different aspect of my life. I currently weigh 240 lbs and am looking to lose down to about 160. No definite goal is set. I just want to see the scale go down. I have joined Weight Watchers and I have already lost 11 pounds so I hope I am on my way. I just don't like their community as good as I like IVillage. It seems more user-friendly. I am a teacher, a wife and mother of three boys so I stay very busy with housework and chasing around them. I hope that this board works as well as the debt support group worked for me. I really didn't post that often but reading the stories on there really helped to motivate me. Look forward to hearing from everyone!!
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-27-2009 - 11:02pm
Hi Kim and welcome! I agree, iVillage is the best! ;) Not biased or anything lol! I'm glad you found us! Congratulations on getting out of debt, that is AWESOME!! I need to go participate more on the debt boards, I'm hopefully headed in that direction as well!

Congrats on the weight loss, I wish I could start weight watchers. My Mom did it for awhile and lost a lot of weight! It's great at teaching portion control, which is something I definitely need to learn! I look forward to seeing you around the board :) Definitely share your tips and tricks you learn with weight watchers :)