LW Buds: mommaneedscoffee & tarayvonne

iVillage Member
LW Buds: mommaneedscoffee & tarayvonne
Mon, 04-12-2010 - 3:50pm

How are you doing with the walking?

Saturday I had a "me day" since I've been home with the kiddo for the past two weeks while he was on spring break. Nothing like trying to work from home with an 8yo who wants your attention 24/7. DH took the kiddo to a bday party then to the driving range. I got a mani/pedi and did some small shopping. Man, did I ever need that pedicure! LOL It's been 8 months since my last one!

Sunday we went shopping so I got some walking in that way. And then we "played" outside for a bit. I got into the trampoline and jumped a bit, but the headache one that battle. And why is it everyone thinks jumping in there is easy? LOL

The water has been not going so well. I can't drink plain water either. My favorite is Crystal Light Lemonade or Fruit Punch.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-12-2010 - 11:00pm

My walking is going very well! I've been doing 3 miles for a little over a week now, although I did miss Thursday and Friday due to rain as I can't take my little one out in it. The track I walk on is sort of up and down with a few little "hills" along the way so pushing a stroller is definitely helping which is good because it's giving my arms a bit of a workout (as if carrying a baby around all day isn't!) I've also stepped up my housework a bit and try cleaning more while holding my little onejust to try and

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-16-2010 - 10:49am

Sorry I've been MIA. I've had doctor appointments this week so computer time has been scarce. :S

I'm not seeing the scale move around too much. I'm stuck with the same 2 pounds, up and down, however, I'm happy with that because I was pigging out the past two weeks and thought I'd killed the progress and jumped 5-10 pounds. I didn't! LOL

You sound like me with the housework! I hate housework, but I figure that if I really get into it, I could burn some extra calories where I normally wouldn't! LOL

I don't miss the carrying the baby around days. My guy was (and still is!) a total momma's boy and was held a lot as a small fry. He got very, very sick as an infant so of course after his emergency surgery I latched onto him even more, so I think between natural attachment and fear, I've created a momma's boy monster! LOL

I think having food ready for him at home would be a great idea! We use to eat out a ton. It was bad. At one point we were at 3-4 times a week (out of the full 7). My dh works odd hours. He works out of state with an hour commute, so he's gone from 5:30am until 8pm. It use to be worse. He just switched to these hours. He use to be gone from 4:30am until 9:30pm. What helps me with dinner since he gets home late and sometimes doesn't want to eat is planning out a few days ahead. I'm not great at it or a stickler, but if I take out chicken or meat from the freezer, I know it's got to be cooked soon. I'd buy some chicken breasts or tenderloins (or whatever you prefer) and look up some healthy recipes that you'd like and plan some meals. Have them ready for when he gets home. Or within a time frame of him being home. Then he can't say, "Let's go" because then the food would be wasted! ;)

Are you walking today? I've got a lot of 'chores' to do today since I've been out of the house. Poor kiddo had no choice in what to wear today because I didn't get to put the clothes in the dryer in time! LOL

Daisypath Anniversary tickers