Well, Day One almost over

iVillage Member
Well, Day One almost over
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 7:37pm
Hi Everyone - If I missed anyone's post, please don't take it personally! I have been trying all kinds of "views" - "outline" seems a bit easier to read but then "folder" is neater or something...Change is always hard for this alcoholic - always has been. I am trying hard to be positive and remember that change is also part of life!!!! I was becoming very comfortable with the old board and my friends here. I hope we can muddle through together and help each other to find our way around. My compliments to Karen for jumping right in this morning and taking on the majority of the day - today and everyday - it is Karen that keeps us all going! So dear friends, newcomers, and lurkers - as in all of life - One Day at a Time!!!!! God bless all of you and special prayers for our military people in Iraq. Leslie
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 8:03pm
This board change is not good for my sobriety. I am trying to avoid unnecessary frustrations right now. Hopefully I will get used to it but it seems time consuming for me to keep up as much as I like to. Let me know if anyone figures out a way to see the big picture in time order, like the old board.

Today I ordered on a rush basis some books from Amazon that address alcohol problems. One of the books has stories about various people who quit drinking and how they did it.

Leslie and Karen, thanks for keeping things going here. You guys are the best.

Holly

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 7:53am
Holly - Try the "outline" view - it seems to help a little. This change has shaken us all up - believe me! Know that it is part of our make-up, as problem drinkers, to resist change - we don't handle it well at first. I noticed that within myself yesterday - believe me. I was whining to Karen about the changes! I know that the intent was not to cause harm to anyone, so please remember that there are good intentions behind the changes made. Let's hang in there together - one day at a time. We can do this!!!! Hugs, Leslie
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 8:50am
Please read, Since this is all new to us Lets all try to stay in one folder, How does that sound!

Thanks Hug's Karen
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 12:31pm
Karen - Yes - Let's try and stay in one place - I will talk with you later on this! Leslie