4 days sober and trying to hang in!

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Sun, 07-16-2000 - 1:00am

Hi, today is my fourth day sober after 6 years, I knew I was a alcoholic for quite some time. I attended my first AA meeting on Wed., 30 days after my 27th birthday. Nobody told me to go, I just decided to after to many bad events. Anyhow, I am feeling pretty alone right now. I am looking at my life from a pretty sober stand point for the first time and thinking I'm not to happy were I am at. Is this normal? The man I am living with is not very understanding and it is making things even harder.The past few days have been hard with all the stress but I have been strong with the help of my best friend/ ex-boyfriend. Tonight, the man I am living with along with some of his other friends went to dinner, he ordered alcohol along with all of them knowing that I am only four days sober. I know that I can't ask him to stop drinking, but is it wrong for me to be hurt that he would put it in my face so soon? Please help someone, I am confused and don't want to give up. What should I do? Begging to stay sober!