December DYK

iVillage Member
December DYK
Mon, 12-03-2012 - 8:40am

Hmm...not sure if anyone's even around here anymore to even read this, but here goes.

Found out last night that SIL is indeed preggersFrown and they (and my mom) have known all along.  There were 3 sacs, but only one is viable which is why her number have been all over the place crazy.  It's too early to know if it's a boy or a girl (January would be about the time to find out), but last time they found out and wouldn't tell anyone so I assume they will do that again.  She is due June 7th.  We are all hoping like crazy that they get one doozy of a boy, that combines all the worst features of Bro and Josh and Jesse and multiplies it - since they have been incredibly judgemental in my raising of my boys.  (SIL and Bro don't get how different boys and girls are as LO).

They only told her parents last weekend at Thanksgiving (which is why we couldn't know until now - that makes no sense to me since I don't talk to her family and I'm not FB friends with them, but whatever).  Her parents are NOT happy at all, and gave SIL and Bro an earful about how badly they are raising their daughter (wow, so I'm not the only one who's questioning their parenting skills!).  I can't wait to see this what happens when this baby comes along, their daughter is going to come unglued!

They also got to see another (quite imperfect) side of their daughter last week.  They didn't have to just drop her at day care and run like usual.  So they got to hang around and peed through the windows to see how see behaves when they are not around.  When she's around our family she's usually quiet, shy, and clingy and takes foreven to warm up to my parents (completely ignores the rest of us).  But at day care she immediately climbed upt o the top of the climbing structure in their room and started bossing and pushing everyone around and knocking kids down, etc.  Boy were Bro & SIL shocked (although I'm not sure why - the day care has been telling them for 2 years what she is like, they just don't listen).  I don't know how many people telling them these things all the time it's going to take for them to wake up and get their acts together.

Sorry to ramble on about that, I just had to share it with somebody.

Powered by CGISpy.com

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: tmdm2007
Mon, 12-03-2012 - 2:34pm

I'm here! Between IV not letting me log in, lots of FB drama (our July board group), and being busy at work, I've been slacking lol.  Wow, so SIL really is preggo. Blah, I'm sorry. Poor kid. They obviously already can't handle the one they have.

Kira's been a huge PITB lately. Constantly defying us, saying "no, don't want to!" and just plain not doing what she's told. I don't know if it's because she's looking for attention or if she'd be doing it anyway thanks to being a normal 3yo.

DH is being a douche. Last weekend we got in a huge fight because he tried to start demanding sex 10 min before he had to leave for work and I wouldn't give in, and now he's trying to hint that he may go elsewhere if I'm never interested :-P   Jacka$$.

How did all the drum stuff go for Josh???

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-03-2012 - 4:17pm
Sorry about all the drama going on for you right now. I just didn't want to put any mention of my previous post on FB since SIL is one of my "friends" (I have her posts blocked from my view most of the time because all she ever does is post in spanish or try to push her Avon crap) Sounds like Kira is being a typical 3yo. The tyrannical threes are far worse than the terrible twos! They have learned a little independence and think they can do anything and make up their own minds. Take a firm but gentle approach and it will eventually pass. Unfortunately for us Jesse is doing the same things and driving DH nuts. But Dh makes the mistake of stooping to Jesse's level (practically having tantrums himself) and therefore Jesse wins. I just have to keep picking up the pieces and reminding Jesse of the good that he does and redirecting him away from the bad behaviors. Like 10 minutes is enough time to get a gal in the mood. And because demanding it works oh, so well. I have the opposite problem, DH is never interested when I want it. Josh has to go back for one more weekend audition camp, Dec 15-16. If he shows enough improvement in technique and desire he might make it. He actually did better at his first audition which was apparently for the main corp not the junior corp like we thought. He would have made it into that corp, but since that would require him to leave school in May (school ends in late June around here) he can't do that corp. The junior corp (Cadets 2) said he had to work on some technique items that he was doing incorrectly. They also said that if he really wants it bad enough there might be other positions open - like in the pit or playing a different percussion instrument. He just wants snare though and feels he really can't play those other instruments - although he is open to doing cymbals. So we'll see. He does have the option of joining another corp from around here that his drum line instructor has connections with - but he has decided he doesn't want to do that corp because they are not very good.

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-05-2012 - 7:29pm

I'm about to throw my work computer out the window.

And there better be some Xmas decorations ready to be put up when I get home tonight, or someone may get a DIY vasectomy (did I tell you about that? about how he's changing his mind about getting a vasectomy? f-ing men!)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-06-2012 - 8:23am

I say go for the DIY vasectomy, lol.  Sorry about the work computer being a pain - I'm about to toss a few here too!  I had a teacher totally kill a machine yesterday.  She had the nerve to ask me who could have done this to her computer.  Uh - you did honey!  You're the only one who has had access to that machine for the last three years, and your room is always locked when you're not there - so who else could have possibly done it? Grr.  I won't even get into the whole mess of a situation is going on with my tech lab right now. (all my computers were stolen during the big storm we had - and they are not getting replaced!)

Josh made center snare/section leader for his school's indoor/winter drumline!  We knew he was going to get it cause they kept having meetings and checking to make sure that the rehearsal schedules would work specifically with Josh's schedule.  I think they are even writing the show around the things that Josh is really good at to kind of showcase him a bit.  Now if he could just wow the instructors at his 3rd and final Cadets 2 audition on the 15th & 16th.  (He did get a personal email from the head instructor making sure that he could attend the camp that weekend, seeing how things were going, and stating that he was looking forward to hearing Josh play again!)

Jenna had her 18 month check up yesterday.  She was 22.5 pounds and 32 inches(standing), but they couldn't give her the vacinations because she was running a fever (101.9).  At first the doctor questioned why we didn't know she had a fever, but then she felt her and said, "hmm, she doesn't seem warm at all."  So they took her temp again with a different thermometer and she was still 101.9.  If it weren't for her being a little more cuddly than usual, I wouldn't have known she was under the weather.  I made DH keep her home today, showed him how to take her temp under the arm, and prepared the first dose of tylenol.  DH kept saying, well the doctor takes the temperature in the butt.  Umm...yes, she does!  But she has disposable plastic covers and a rectal thermometer.  We have an oral thermometer that everyone in the house uses and NO covers, so it is not going to be used rectally thank you very much! (what is it with our idiot men?)

So were there decorations to put up when you got home?  Josh put up and decorated our tree all by himself the day after Thanksgiving - other wise we weren't going to have one again this year.