December DYK

iVillage Member
December DYK
Mon, 12-03-2012 - 8:40am

Hmm...not sure if anyone's even around here anymore to even read this, but here goes.

Found out last night that SIL is indeed preggersFrown and they (and my mom) have known all along.  There were 3 sacs, but only one is viable which is why her number have been all over the place crazy.  It's too early to know if it's a boy or a girl (January would be about the time to find out), but last time they found out and wouldn't tell anyone so I assume they will do that again.  She is due June 7th.  We are all hoping like crazy that they get one doozy of a boy, that combines all the worst features of Bro and Josh and Jesse and multiplies it - since they have been incredibly judgemental in my raising of my boys.  (SIL and Bro don't get how different boys and girls are as LO).

They only told her parents last weekend at Thanksgiving (which is why we couldn't know until now - that makes no sense to me since I don't talk to her family and I'm not FB friends with them, but whatever).  Her parents are NOT happy at all, and gave SIL and Bro an earful about how badly they are raising their daughter (wow, so I'm not the only one who's questioning their parenting skills!).  I can't wait to see this what happens when this baby comes along, their daughter is going to come unglued!

They also got to see another (quite imperfect) side of their daughter last week.  They didn't have to just drop her at day care and run like usual.  So they got to hang around and peed through the windows to see how see behaves when they are not around.  When she's around our family she's usually quiet, shy, and clingy and takes foreven to warm up to my parents (completely ignores the rest of us).  But at day care she immediately climbed upt o the top of the climbing structure in their room and started bossing and pushing everyone around and knocking kids down, etc.  Boy were Bro & SIL shocked (although I'm not sure why - the day care has been telling them for 2 years what she is like, they just don't listen).  I don't know how many people telling them these things all the time it's going to take for them to wake up and get their acts together.

Sorry to ramble on about that, I just had to share it with somebody.

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
In reply to: tmdm2007
Fri, 12-14-2012 - 8:48am

My camera/phone died on me last week when I tried recording Josh's band at the state championships at Metlife Stadium.  It said no battery, but then after the game I finally get it turned back on, and it had like 43% battery!?!?

Mom is supposedly doing well after her surgery, but I haven't been able to get over to see her.  She really wants me to bring the kids with me, but they either aren't feeling well or are asleep when I get home.  Dad needs to have his right knee replaced whenever mom is finally recovered enough from her surgery.  His cancer is making another fight to return.  We aren't sure if it's because of all the other health scares he's put us through this year, or if he's not following the medicine schedule closely enough, or if something else they've put him on is interfering.

Because they've both been so bad off this year, and mom has had too much pain and no energy to shop, we're not even really doing Christmas this year.  Only the little kids and Josh are getting some stuff - not like the big Christmas celebrations we're used to.

I hope your sister's due date is far enough away from Lexi's birthday that they don't have to share parties.  My SIL is due 4 days after Jenna's birthday so I hope she either goes much later of earlier so her kid's birthday doesn't overshadow Jenna's birthdays in the future.

I actually had to share my birthday with my brother several times when we were growing up - even though the dates are 3 1/2 months apart.  Because mine was late June, school was already out and everyone was gone for vacations.  But his was a month after school started and a better time for parties with classmates.  And he always got presents on my birthday because my mom didn't think he'd understand.  She wants me to do the same thing with Jesse and Jenna so they don't feel left out on another person's birthday.  I'm like, "look, it's not their day and they'll have to learn to deal with it."  I never got gifts on my brothers birthday so why should he have gotten gifts on mine just because he was younger - I never understood that growing up.

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-14-2012 - 3:34pm

What the.....? Well that's just dumb on all accounts! Why couldn't you have celebrated your birthday earlier instead of having to wait and share with your brother? And why would anybody get presents for someone else's birthday? That's just totally odd

I'm sorry your parents, especially your dad, are having so many health issues :-(

And that totally sucks about your camera! The battery on my camera died during my baby shower for Kira. That sucked. Now it's completely dead (as in, won't charge at all) and I'm still waiting to get a new one. Hopefully for Xmas. I've been sharing Josh's in the mean time. He doesn't really use it anyway except to take pictures of stuff to list on ebay.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: tmdm2007
Mon, 12-17-2012 - 8:52am

So Josh made it into the Cadets 2 Drum Corp!  There were only 2 snare drum spots open so he had to settle for cymbals instead.  If he had turned that down they could use that as a reason to reject him when he tries out next year.  But this gets him in and who knows what could happen - maybe one of the snare players might drop out or get injured, and this almost insures him of a spot in the corp for next year.  Also the cymbal players tend to go right near the snare players so he cans still get to see what is being done on the snares.

Jenna is sick again - sounds like she's got what I've been battling for over 5 weeks now.  She cried in her sleep last night and when I checked on her she was tugging her ears.

I'm at school right now preparing for what will start out as a very awkward day, because of tension running really high over the shootings in Connecticut.  My principal sent us an email last night forbidding us to even discuss the matter here at school, and if the kids bring it up we are to cut them off and redirect the conversations.  My morning duties put me as one of the 1st people that would be taken out if such an attack occured here, and my school wouls probably be one of 3 (out of 11) in our district where such and event has a higher likelyhood of happening.  I also worry now that school security procedures have been widely published and future gunmen would now know where to find hiding children and staff members.  

I also worry (for Josh's sake) over the connection they are trying to make between mental illness and Asperger's, and talking like everyone that has it should be locked up.  Not all Aspies have violent tendencies, and those that do tend to have been repeated victims of extreme bullying when they were younger.  We also found with Josh that some of his meds for his Asperger's actually made him more agressive, so more medication is not necesarrily the answer either.  Josh took himself off all of his meds and is much more calm and even tempered now - but I don't dare tell his therapist about this now.