DYK it's still October!

Community Leader
DYK it's still October!
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 7:20pm

Starting a new DYK thread since the old one isn't working! :)

Michelle

Mom to Addison (7) & Gabriel (4)

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 3:20pm

I think that's one of the issues they are still ironing the kinks out of.  Mine shows up sometimes and not others.  I've also found that the regular reply button works a bit better that the quick reply one.  Quicky reply was eating all my posts before, so I stopped using it.

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 2:54pm

Um I don't see my siggy. Do I have to re-do it???  And where the hell would I go to do that if I do have to??

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 2:52pm

Yay for being able to post! And for your supervisors at least being somewhat sympathetic and helpful.

That's crazy about the Kindegartner thing though. Def sounds like he should ahve been fired.

Kira is going to be a Pirate and Lexi is going to be a sheep. Kira's class went on a field trip to one pumpkin patch on Thursday (I got to go too) then my family went to a different one yesterday. We'll probably carve our pumpkins next weekend.

I'm still working on making Josh go get snipped. He doesn' want to. Stupid men :-P

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 1:05pm

Oh, I also found out that Christmas this year is going to be WAY scaled back for my family.  My parents can't afford much (which I understand) and dad is in too much pain all the time and doesn't want to get together with his sister's family like we usually do.  So it's just going to be mom, dad, bro, SIL, their daughter, and my crew.  Only the kids will get presents.  Bro and SIL haven't given anyone else anything for a long time, mom and dad are only giving to the kids and not to each other.  And DH isn't letting me buy much for our kids - not that I even have the time to shop these days.  Such a bummer - I always enjoyed the big family get togethers.

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 1:00pm

Thanks.  The meeting went sort of OK.  My AP (and principal) recognize how much extra stuff I do around here and what a perfectionist I am about things I handle.  And I posed the situation as something I'm having a problem dealing with and looking for solutions - rather than it just being a huge rant about him.

They will be monitoring him more closely from now on and she will be devising ways to keep him accountable (such as imposing deadlines for certain things, and being more detailed in dividing up work between us).  She says she knows they do a lot of singing (and not very well) and not much else, but they weren't aware of how far short of the curriculum standards he falls.  When he doesn't like a concept (or doesn't get it) he just does whatever he wants - usually some whacky and inappropriate songs.

I also found out today (from an assistant) that last year he was caught doing/saying completely inappropriate things with a Kindergarten student and now that student cannot be in his presence without an aide present.  Seems to me he probably should have been dismissed by something like that, I know anyone else hear would have been.

On another note - What is everyone doing for Halloween?  What are the kids dressing up as?

Jesse is going to be Batman if we can locate the mask to the costume.  He got the costume for his birthday from my mom and has been wearing the cape and mask all the time, but now we can't find the mask. Jenna is going to wear the lion costume thatI had made way back when Josh was almost 1.

This morning I discovered that Jesse has been using a hole in the wall in our stairwell to store toys.  Josh had punched a hole in the wall a while back during one of his rages, and we just haven't had the time or supplies to fix it yet.  Well, Jesse has been making the hole bigger and bigger.  I found about a dozen toys and balls in there this morning after overhearing him say something about a motorcycle in the wall.  Yikes.