Happy New Year!

iVillage Member
Happy New Year!
Wed, 01-02-2013 - 3:03pm

Happy New Year, ladies!

Well it turned out ok that we didn't have any NYE plans. Josh started feeling like crap over the weekend and if we'd had plans we probably would have ended up cancelling them anyway. So we just watched Looper and then the NYE shows on TV. I woke Lexi up and fed her around 10:45 in hopes that she would then let us sleep longer, but no she decided she wanted to wake up a lot during the night instead. So I only got about 5 hours of (broken) sleep.

I went to the doc because of some intense pain in my hip area. I either have tendonitis or iliotibial band syndrome (which seem like they're pretty much the same thing). She gave me a sheet of stretches to do, plus rest and ice. She also gave me referrals for an x-ray, which I probably won't do since I seriously doubt it's anything that would show up on an x-ray, and physical therapy, which I'm still up in the air about. I'll see how it's feeling in a week or 2. It will definitely put a damper on my workout/weight loss plans though. I want to be down a few more lbs by my WIC appt on the 29th. I've only lost about 10 lbs since they last weighed me at the end of Aug, and I'm still up 11 lbs from pre-pregnancy. I'm going to try to cut out soda, but so far I feel like I'm just replacing it with other stuff (like candy, cookies, etc) LOL

Donna I'm sorry you didn't get to go down for PopPop's funeral, and that your family is so dumb. (for the record, in my family we all just tear into our presents at the same time LOL)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-11-2013 - 8:22am

Shawna, how's the hip pain doing?  Did they figure out what the actual cause is yet?

It has been crazy busy around here lately, with some other drama added in for good measure.  I can't really say too much, but they confiscated one of our teacher's computers and he hasn't been to work since.  This guy was transfered to our school after being on paid leave for over a year because of harrassment accusations at his other school, he was supposedly cleared of any wrongdoing but the teachers at the other school felt awkard about having him come back.  Meanwhile, they take his computer and ask me to put another one in there all while telling me "it's not a Technology thing, don't worry about it".  Umm...yes it is a tech thing, since you're taking one of my computers and making me put in another one, and how about the fact that they could've possibly destroyed evidence by unplugging the machine.  Also, he hardly ever used that machine since he always brought in his own iPad and iPhone both with 3G service, and his own little hard drive - but hey, they didn't ask me or tell me what was going on.