November 2012 DYK

iVillage Member
November 2012 DYK
Sun, 11-11-2012 - 9:45pm

Hello...anybody around here anymore? *hears crickets chirping* lol

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-12-2012 - 5:42pm

Hello? Wow is it actually going to let me post?!  This whole thing is such a PITA! I hope everything gets fixed soon!

I have no idea what the last stuff I even posted was. Um....  we're getting family pics done on Sunday. i went to Walmart on mylunch today to find something to wear that will coordinate with what the girls are wearing.  Lexi had her first cereal last night. It went ok. She also has a cold and a growth spurt, so sleep has been hard to come by lately. I hate having to work when so many people have it off. All our salesmen and customers aren't working so why do we have to be here?

How are things in Jersey? are things getting cleaned up and back to normal?

Do you know if SIL got a BFP or BFN yet??

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-13-2012 - 7:29am

Good luck with the family pictures.  Is your DH going ot be in them too?  You didn't mention a coordinating outfit for him.  lol

I had to work a full day yesterday too.  And parents in the district were upset that we didn't make a big deal out of Veterans' Day.  Umm, yeah...they are 5, 6, 7 years old, I don't think they'd understand/care much at this age.

I hope the solid foods do the trick for Lexi's spitting up issues.  At least it doesn't seem to be bothering Lexi, she always looks so happy in the pictures you post.  Jenna had such bad reflux and was miserable every time she ate and spit up.  I so wanted to smack the lady who posted to you wall and said solids wouldn't help reflux, because they are exactly what does help.  (perhaps she was thinking about when people add cereal to the baby's bottles - that isn't always helpful).

No word on SIL's pregnancy status yet.  They say they are getting conflicting numbers from the bloodwork - some numbers are way too high and others are too low.  I watched her like a hawk at my cousin's wedding (the night before Hurricane Sandy hit here).  She and Bro didn't drink alcohol like they normally would have, but they did do a sip of the champagne for the toasts, and SIL was eating clams and shellfish (aren't they off limits during pg?).

NJ is slowly getting back to a bit more normal state.  Gas rationing ended this morning, but commuter trains into the city are still all messed up and causing problems for people around here.  Most poeple have their power back and schools are just about all open again.  

The computers in my tech lab were all stolen while the power was out.  And then when we got back into school one of my big internet/network switches had gone bad - but the teacher's didn't tell me until yesterday that they didn't have internet so I didn't know there was a problem (and they got mad at me for not having it fixed sooner!). Fortunately I was able to get the switch restarted and they are happy again.  My principal announced at our staff meeting yesterday that we are going "in a different direction in the tech lab, getting rid of computers and going to iPads instead."  So NOT what I wanted to hear, and the matter was never discussed with me.  And the district tech coordinator told her that that could not happen in our building because we don't have wi-fi to support it.  Not only that, but there is NO way to teach the technology standards and curriculum on an iPad.  Instead she wants me teaching thing to support the Reading, Writing, Math, Science and Social Studies curriculums.  Umm...but I'm a Music and Tech teacher, not a curriculum support teacher.  And we already have an "enrichment teacher" whose job is to do those things.  So not happy right now.

And then there's all the crap going on at home with stupid DH!

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-13-2012 - 5:01pm

What's the SA doing now???????

Your school is full of whackjobs. Glad things are starting to normalize after the storm though.

Yeah the spitup definitely doesn't phase Lexi at all. She's just all smiles most of the time. She did pretty well for me the last 2 nights w/ the cereal. Not so well for Josh in the morning. Not sure what the issue was. For Thanksgiving I'll try sweet potatoes for her first veggie :-)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-13-2012 - 5:02pm

Oh and Yes DH is in the pictures too, LOL. I'm sure he'll probably just wear jeans and a black shirt or something.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-14-2012 - 11:19am

SA is just doing more of his usually crappy things, which means he's basically doing NOTHING but taking up space on my couch watching the same stupid old shows that he's seen about a million times before, all while ignoring or yelling at the kids.  He yells at Jesse constantly and belittles him all the time, always telling him to "shut!"  which means shut up.  He does absolutely nothing to help out around the house and its really showing (I'm not necessarily a neat freak, but I do like my house to be somewhat clean and orderly - these messes are completely stressing me out)

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-14-2012 - 1:39pm

I hear ya. I get super annoyed if I come home and the house is trashed too, or if he doesn't get at least some of his to-do list done (I understand that sometimes it's hard to get things done, especially with 2 of them now and neither of them napping on a regular basis). But normally he's pretty good.  Sounds like your DH is just plain ol' lazy and thoughtless :-P

Good news.. DH's work has had this football pool thing going where you pick different teams to win each week and if you pick the wrong team in one week you're out of the pool. DH officially won the whole thing after the Steelers' win on Monday so he got $600! Woohoo!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-15-2012 - 8:11am

At least your DH has a job, SA doesn't work so there's no excuse in my book.  Meanwhile I'm working fulltime (plus some - whoever thinks teachers don't work full time hours is nuts and needs to step into our shoes sometime), plus doing all the cooking and shopping and errands and keeping the schedules, making the appointments, schlepping Josh around to all his activities, while the SA just sits there watching the boob tube and has the nerve to say that I'm the lazy one!

Woohoo to your DH winning the football pool.  My principal is a huge Steelers fan, I always route for them since life at work can be miserable when they lose.

So, yesterday my temporary replacement computers finally arrive.  They are 8+ year old eMacs from another school on loan until we can get something else in place.  But I have to do lots of set up work before the kids can begin to use them.  But at dismissal time my principal walks by as the custodial people were bring them up to the lab.  She turns to the head custodian (and probably the only one in the bunch the understands english) and says, "leave these doors unlocked tonight, leave the outside door unlocked too, and put up a big sign saying STEAL THESE ONES TOO!"  I was only a few feet away at the time and heard it very clearly, I'm so mad over it and not sure what to do, or who to tell about this.  Grr.  Why can't I have a nice, simple, uncomplicated life?

This weekend (tomorrow through Sunday evening) I will be taking Josh down to south Jersey (almost to Delaware) for a huge audition for one of the top drum corps in the nation.  He's so excited and so nervous.  I think he'll do fine, but he's sceptical right now.  Keep your fingers crossed for him.  Did I mention he got his learner's permit to drive last weekend?  Scary!