September DYK

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
September DYK
Mon, 09-03-2012 - 10:35am

Happy Labor Day!  Or as I'm calling it August 34th - since I don't want it to be September because that means school starts soon (tomorrow for me).

Today is DH's birthday and I'm making him a cake.  He told me a few months ago that he wanted yellow cake and chocolate frosting, so I've been thinking of a design for it since then - I'm going to try doing a basket weave pattern for the sides and roses on the top.  But he turned his nose up at that idea and told me he now wants RED frosting.  Umm...I don't have enough red food coloring left, and it takes a lot of food coloring to make it red enough (and then it usually tastes very bad).  He finally just gave up and said do whatever you want then.  I told him I didn't figure he's be like a little kid about the cake.

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Sun, 09-16-2012 - 1:40am
Yikes poor gabe!! Izzie is allergic to the 'cillin family. She always is given azthromiacin instead. It was scary when she has her reaction to the first and second antibiotics. Luckily it was just hives. And now we stay away. Hope gabe is doing better and on te mend.

Shawna sorry to hear your DH is being a douche. Hope he shapes up! I can't believe he had that in your car. Men!

Donna hope Jenna's doing a lot better by now. :/ too many sick kiddos lately.

I have been popping in and out lately. Reading when I have time. Just wanted to stop by and say hi!!! Izzie is getting so big just went through a huge growth spurt this past week. She also learned about how god created the world and about Adam and Eve and the snake. (she is in a Christian school). Anyways it's so cute. She is also playing pretend a lot more now... She is always making up friends or playing with her two barbies and making them talk to each other. She also is really stuck on having a baby sister. Before she wanted a brother but one of her friends at school has a lil sister and so izzie wants one- we r working on the but no guarantees lol!

Hope everyone's having a good weekend

Powered by CGISpy.com
Community Leader
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 12:17pm
Too cute, Mandy! Gabe has been playing a lot more make-believe lately too. It's adorable!

Michelle

Mom to Addison (8) & Gabriel (5)

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-24-2012 - 8:49pm
No posts in 5 days? Helllloooooooooo *echo echo echo* lol :smileywink:
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Mon, 09-24-2012 - 11:53pm
Well I will post.... I am PREGNANT!!!! Woot!!!!

:smileyhappy:

How was everyone's weekends?

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 7:13pm
Congrats Mandy
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 7:17pm
Donna,

Did they have to do IVF for their first child?

I will never understand the whole family name crap. Its whatever to me. Codys family are full of girl producers (except for us. apparently we're the wiener factory). They made a big deal about us having another boy so the name would continue. *eyeroll* Whatevs.
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 11:57pm
Thanks everyone!! Looks like prolly a June 2nd due date. My first appt is oct 22. Sooo far off lol

Donna I don't blame you for wishing it does t take or f it doesn't they get a lil dose of their own medicine so to speak. They sound awful!

Shawna hope your boob is feeling a lot better now! Maybe a clogged duct or something? Lad it wasn't mastitis.

Bryanna hope your feeling good pregnancy wise. How much long do you have? Are you guys ready?