Buhhhbye Boobie.

iVillage Member
Buhhhbye Boobie.
Mon, 12-27-2010 - 12:27am

Soooo Three weeks ago Izzie gave up her evening nursing session at random. Pretty CRAZY considering she loved that snuggle time at night and I waas in noooo way raady to give it up. I kept offering it for awile. But she was really refusing. :\

We have been off of the bobbie for a full 2 weeks.

Tonight she came up to me...upset because she got in trouble...overstimulated by another long day.......... and close to bedtime...and pulled at my shirt and wanted boobie. I offered it to her BUT told her it was empty. Well I LIED!! lol. Milk came out...and she spit it back at me!!! haha! more like blowing rasberrys....not full on spit!! haha. Then she pulled my shirt down and got off of my lap.

I guess she is really over it!! Well it last 16 good months so I should be happy. Still a little sad I didnt make it to the 2yr mark.

Guess my little baby girl is moving on to my lil kid stage now! :-(

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-27-2010 - 1:12pm
Yay! You can have your boobies back! :-)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-27-2010 - 2:19pm

I guess that is a good thing!! :-) No more nursing. Or worrying about nursing! :-) a little sad to see this stage gone though! :-( But she is growing up and that is fun too!

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-27-2010 - 3:44pm
Wow congrats on 16 months!!! You BARELY missed 2 yrs...16 mos, thats absolutely awesome!!! And sad at the same time...:( I know Im going to really miss nursing if/when he weans. Big pat on the back!!! and (((Hugs)))
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-27-2010 - 3:46pm
It may take your milk a really looooooong time to dry up. Usually moms who choose formula right at birth can dry up very quickly, whereas yours may take weeks to dare I say even months. Youve had workin boobies for 16 mos! Thats a long time to adjust back down to making nothing. Just a heads up. lol And congrats again on the 16 month milestone!!!
Community Leader
Mon, 12-27-2010 - 3:55pm
Awww, congrats and (((HUGS))). I know I was sad when Addison made the decision to wean at 15 months. Gabe shows no sign of stopping! In fact, he used to be a fast nurser and now he takes his sweet time with it. And it's really painful right now because he's teething. I think there are extra enzymes or something in their saliva because my nips are super-sore!

I sooo long to ditch my nursing bras and fit back into my D cups again...but I'm not wanting to encourage the weaning process either.

Michelle

Mom to Addison (7) & Gabriel (4)

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-27-2010 - 6:00pm
I stopped nursing Jesse about a month and a half ago cause the boobies were too tender with the pregnancy and my milk still hasn't dried up. Every few days or so they will leak, especially if I'm bent over or something is pressing against them.