Calling all boy mommies!!!

iVillage Member
Calling all boy mommies!!!
Sat, 04-30-2011 - 10:53pm

I don't want to start a discussion abou the "wrong" and "rights" about circumcising, I just need some advice from moms with boys that were circ'ed. I posted something about this a while back, but its happening again. Tatum was circ'ed and everything has gone fine with it. But most of the time, if you took his diaper off, it would look like hes not circ'ed. The rest of the skin comes down over and covers the head. Anywho, I'm always conscious of making sure to pull the skin back when I change him to make sure its all clean and what not. Unfortunately I'm the only one. And I discovered the other day that the skin was re adhering. So I feel like the absolutely meanest mommy on the face of the planet, because over the last few days Ive been pulling it back and separating it. OMG he screams so bad and it absolutely breaks my heart. :o( I finally got everything separated today, but its really red and sore. I was just wondering what you all thought I should do to help it heal? Ive been treating it as tho it is a fresh circ and putting vaseline or lanolin on it. Do you think thats okay? Should I be doing something more? I'm worried if I don't put some kind of barrier like that on it that it will get an infection from poop. WDYT?

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-01-2011 - 2:22pm
That happened with my first DS. You did the right things by pulling it back and putting the vasoline/lanolin on it. The ointments will help to keep it from re-adhering, but I don't think you have to worry about it getting infected from the poop. It may be red for a few days but that should go away. And just remember, he won't remember any of this.