Childcare...HELP!

iVillage Member
Childcare...HELP!
Fri, 10-22-2010 - 1:09am
Hi ladies! I need your help...Seth and I have decided to work things out together but we are running into a problem. Right now I live at my parents house and my Mom watches Nathan 3 days a week, I have off two days and Seth has him the other two days. I would like to move back in with Seth but we wouldn't have child care for Nathan. My parents live 35-45minutes south of where Seth has his house, my work is 20 minutes west of his house and his job is 20 minutes east. Just sending him to day care is not an option because of our work hours. I have no set schedule and need to have open availability for my position. My shifts are either 9-5:30, 11-7, 1-10pm sometimes give or take a half hour. I work weekends (sat & sun) so my days off are usually during the week. Seth has off work Tuesday & Sunday's. His hours are 9-6 or 11-8pm he is also in sales so hours sometimes depend on customers. So if family is not an option because of distance where can i find childcare? I have noticed part time caregivers (if we had one just for saturday's) charge about what I make per hour! Plus during the week when we work hours later then what a daycare is open...? HELP!!!

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-22-2010 - 3:44am

well the only thing i can think of is craigslist....a lot of stay at home moms offer childcare from there homes, at pretty cheap rates. and they are usually wayy more flexable with hours and such....

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-22-2010 - 9:49am

Hey katerine! I have a friend who just told me about care.com, guess its a really good babysitters/nanny website, where they screen sitters for you..good luck!!

Photobucket
Community Leader
Fri, 10-22-2010 - 10:32am
We found our nanny through Care.com. She is very reasonable, but it was tough to find her amid all the higher-priced people. It is $30/month if you want to be able to contact potential care givers. I would state in your ad what your max amount you can pay. They run a basic background check too, but I would pay the $100 to get a more thorough check for peace of mind. I did not, and now we're having trust issues so I went out and did a bunch of my own research.

Michelle

Mom to Addison (8) & Gabriel (5)

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-22-2010 - 10:46am
I have been looking at Care.com for about a month now. I just need to figure out what we can afford. Evenings and weekends seem to be hard to find! Thanks ladies!