how to stop her from being so mean

iVillage Member
how to stop her from being so mean
Mon, 10-18-2010 - 12:33pm

oh my gosh Hope is a handful from the time she wakes up till she goes to bed and shes the last one to sleep and the first one awake but lately she has been so mean she hits her brother in the head pokes him in the eye throws her bottle at him pulls his hair last week she tore the curtain rod down in the kitchen hit her sister in the nose leaving a big sore she slaps her sister bites her makes her sister cry almost daily and Faith is four i just dont know what to do other than maybe put her in daycare or something part of the day her dr swears theres nothing wrong with her she sent her to another dr who says shes healthy i guess i just have an unhappy baby i love her more than life itself she just makes me wanna pull my hair out most everyday.....

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-18-2010 - 2:02pm

I think that Hope might just be experiencing some jealousy issues. She's only 1, and she has a baby bro now and a couple of older sibs, right? I'm sure she's just trying to figure out how she fits into your family and into her mommy's heart (and lap!!! lol) with the other kids there. I don't think that she's unhealthy at all, or unhappy necessarily. I think it sounds like she's having a hard time adjusting to not being the baby of the family anymore, and is acting out with violence because she's not old enough to articulate what's going on.

I don't think that putting her in daycare for part of the day would help the situation, honestly, I think it might make it worse. If she's already feeling a bit out of sorts in the family dynamic, imagine how she'd feel if she was being shipped off to someone else's house for part of the day while her other sibs got to stay home with momma?

if you can, try to spend a bit more one-on-one time with hope, and maybe try to find an activity that you two can do together without your other kids. I really think that when she realizes that you love her just as much as you love your other babies, she'll settle down.

I hope that helps. Keep us posted :) I'll be thinking about you guys. Lots of hugs!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-18-2010 - 9:41pm

I am sorry she is having

Summer2010sig
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-19-2010 - 12:25am

thanks Summer i might go check out the boards i am up to any advice right now and Hope does like when she gets in trouble she actually laughs and goes right back to doing what she was doing might have to change our tactics with the bad behavior

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-19-2010 - 1:39am

hen did it start? after the new baby?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-19-2010 - 10:12am

no she started being violent towards Faith months ago

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-19-2010 - 12:45pm

i really dont want to put her in daycare i never wanted that thats why i stay at home her grandma said she will take her once or twice a week for part of the day which i think will help she will get one on one time with grandma we try and make sure all the kids get plenty of one on one time most of the time i got one baby my husband has the other im just so afraid shes really going to hurt the baby one day i just hope this is jealousy from the new baby but she was like this before he was here hopefully she will grow out of it thanks for all the advice i appreciate it!

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-19-2010 - 2:32pm
Good luck with everything, I truly hope that it works out for you guys and you're able to figure out how to have everyone get along!! :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-19-2010 - 9:47pm
Hope isn't being mean! She is a sweet little toddler that just likes the reaction. We went through a tough couple of months with Averie of hiting, biting, etc. We started to "ignore" her fits or when she hit we calmly said "no hit". She liked the reaction we gave her. She was thinking "Mommy's voice or face looks funny when I do this or that".

Try to be calm when you react to her. She won't be nearly as entertained if you calmly tell her now. Good luck!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-21-2010 - 10:29am
yess...sophie is a slapper. We are trying to "ignore" it or just say no instead of making a big deal. Hopefully that will work.

I hope she's not going to be a bully, lol. We had a friend over who's baby is 11 months. She is just starting to scoot and so she was basically on her stomach the whole time she was here. Not sure what Sophie thought about that b/c once she used the poor baby as a step to get on something and the other time she picked her up by the back of her shirt and moved her, haha! I found it kind of funny b/c this baby is WAY bigger than Sophie. The mom didn't seem to find it as funny as I did, lol
Photobucket