Mealtime

iVillage Member
Mealtime
Tue, 01-18-2011 - 1:48pm
What do you do at mealtime if BF doesn't want to eat what everyone else is? It seems a little young to tell them to eat this or eat nothing, but I don't want to get her into the habit of eating her own thing every night. She is so picky! I keep offering things hoping that eventually she will eat it, but in the meantime I need to keep her weight up. WDYD?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
In reply to: treefrog155
Tue, 01-18-2011 - 2:56pm
Jesse will eat just about anything if he thinks it was intended for somebody else and not him. We call it OP (other peoples) food. So if I want him to have something I don't give it to him fight away, but I let him see/notice that there's something different on my plate and he'll start pointing at it and wanting it.

Another thing that's happened recently is Jesse won't eat unless he has his own fork to feed himself with. At first we thought he was refusing food, he was just refusing the method of feeding.

Have you tried not offering her something else during the meal time and making her wait until later, or maybe giving her some pediasure instead of her milk just to help keep her weight up.

IDK what else to do. Keep us posted and let us know what works for you.