Potty Training? Help

iVillage Member
Potty Training? Help
Mon, 06-20-2011 - 10:02pm

BTDT moms how did you start potty training? I dont know how to go about it....Chloe is showing all the readiness signs,

; hardly ever pees when naked, she even tells us when shes peeing like "PEE " then she pees LOL

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 06-26-2011 - 1:26pm
i totally think chloe is ready! for 2 weeks now she stayes compleaty dry all night (she sleeps about 12 hrs) and only wets once shes awake and alert....i think her bladder is mature enough now.

am hoping all of this is a sign she will be easy to potty train lol
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-21-2011 - 2:14pm
she loves to sit on the big potty so am probably gonna do one of those potty seats that go on the inside..and i was thinking about those little cotton training panties. they sell on amazon...they arel ike regular panties but really thick cotton and waterproof in case of an accident.

shes on summer break from preschool till september so i figure it will be a good time to start? she has about 2 months
Photobucket
Community Leader
Tue, 06-21-2011 - 3:00am
IDK, Loreta...Gabe is showing interest in the toilet but we made the mistake of setting out a potty seat for the regular toilet with steps (we just put it in the downstairs bathroom when we moved without thinking that he wasn't going to be ready for it for a LONG TIME) rather than a small potty chair. So now he's confused. With Addison, we started around 2 but she didn't really "get it" until she was 3. And at that point, we had to make her go naked from the bottom-down for a few weekends because she was lazy...as long as she was wearing a diaper, she would pee in it! THEN....to really make it consistent we had to do jelly-bean treats. At that age, they are more motivated by candy than anything. :( We did use the "Little Critter" potty book, http://www.amazon.com/New-Potty-Little-Critter-Look-Look/dp/0375826319/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1308639376&sr=8-1 which I thought was somewhat useful for helping her understand what our expectations were! I don't think Gabe is ready for that yet because he doesn't seem to understand. It sounds like Chloe is getting ready! I would start with the books and introduce her to the potty chair....and if she's "so close" resort to what we called "nakey-time."

Michelle

Mom to Addison (8) & Gabriel (5)