Stiiiiilllll BF!

Community Leader
Stiiiiilllll BF!
Wed, 08-17-2011 - 1:27am

Ugh. I'm so ready for this boy to wean! Gabe is now 2 years, 2.5 months old! I've been ready for him to be done for about 4-5 months now.

Michelle

Mom to Addison (8) & Gabriel (5)

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-17-2011 - 8:21am
I forced Jesse to wean at about 15-16 months because I was pregnant with Jenna. He got over it very quickly (less than a week), we just kept distracting him and offering him other things. One day he tugged at my top and waved bye to my boobs and that was it. We recently weaned him from the binky in a very similar manner. He still asks for the binky from time to time, but we just redirect and offer other forms of soothing instead.

I would say if you're ready to be done then you just need to stick to your guns and don't let him have it anymore. As you said it's probably just an emotional need right now, so find another way to meet his emotional need to be close to you. Or have your DH os DS do something with him to distract him from your boobs for awhile til his urge passes.

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-17-2011 - 10:48am
I wish I had some good advice for you. I had to wean Abby at 13.5 mos because I got pg, but ended up m/c'ing that one. :( I had wanted to nurse longer. Good luck Michelle. :)
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-21-2011 - 11:15pm
OMG girl youre so not alone! Tatum still nurses at least 2 times per day. When Im home more then sometimes he'll even want to during the day. Its usually just in the AM and bedtime. But Im having a hard time letting it go, so I totally oblige a midday request. But I could see how frustrating that would be if youre ready for weaning. (((hugs)))
Community Leader
Fri, 08-26-2011 - 1:43am
I decided I'm ready to force the issue for afternoon nursings. The past two days, I wouldn't let him do it. I'm sorry, but I'm just done! He's often crazy-boisterous during this period (ALL BOY!) and I can't do it anymore.

I'll let him have his wakey-morning sessions for a while longer, when he's still sleepy and cute...rather than crazy, active and distracted by his sister and thomas the train!

I love my sweet boy, but mama is all done. LOL

Michelle

Mom to Addison (8) & Gabriel (5)