Transition to bed?
Sat, 11-26-2011 - 12:48am

So why am I the only one to start any threads about BF issues? LOL

Michelle

Mom to Addison (7) & Gabriel (4)

Pages

Community Leader
Sat, 11-26-2011 - 11:30pm
Okay, so...the bed rail was the ticket! He goes down much easier and stays down (knocking on wood) with the Summer bed rail. Whew!!!!

Michelle

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-27-2011 - 4:04pm
We transitioned Jesse to a real bed (full size) last year in order to prepare for Jenna's arrival. He didn't have any real problems staying put, but he had his older brother there to help out. He would stay put on the bed until we would come and get him - that is until he figured out that he could get down.

I hope the bed rail continues to help Gabe. My brother used to get out of bed every night, empty his toy chest and climb in there to sleep. My parents used to have to tie his door shut to keep him in at night.

Powered by CGISpy.com
Community Leader
Sun, 11-27-2011 - 10:43pm
Yeah, I spoke too soon. Naptime was a nightmare again. Hopefully he's good and tired and won't give us a problem at bedtime. :-/

Michelle

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-28-2011 - 8:22am
Jesse is terrible with naps - hardly takes them anymore.

My mom used to tells us that we didn't have to go to sleep, but we did have to lay in bed with our head on our pillow until a certain time. It used to work with Jesse - until DH broke the habit (Grr).

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-28-2011 - 10:16pm
I have just starting thinking about when to transition and I just know it is going to be hell. Tristan doesnt climb out yet and Im sure by me saying that he will start tomorrow but Im sure he wont like being in a bed. I hope Gabe starts doing better for you!
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-29-2011 - 12:46pm
We transitioned Kira right around her bday with very few problems. Occasionally she gets up and wants to start playing so I go in and tell her to get back in bed. (it's funny because sometimes I'll just yell it through the door and I can hear her feet scampering to get back to the bed lol.) For the most part though she just lays in bed and talks for awhile and eventually falls asleep. We do quite often find her laying in front of her door, but oh well. She must think it's comfortable. *shrug* We also have a door knob cover on the inside handle of her door so she can't get out. In the morning she often knocks on the door until we come get her lol.
Photobucket
Community Leader
Tue, 11-29-2011 - 2:19pm
Haha - so cute that she knocks on the door. I think Gabe tried kicking it down this weekend during naptime. LOL

Amber - I hope Tristan decides to stay cozy in his crib for a while longer!

Michelle

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 12:09am

ok it's been far too long that I've even checked in on the boards! Of course I am scoping out all the things you all went through the last couple months, because it seems Colie is always about 2 months behind everyone else! Seems to still hold true.

Jen - January 2010

Community Leader
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 11:30am
I hope Colie stays in the crib for a while longer for you! We are still struggling with it 2 months later. The last two nights have been way better because we dug his crib soother back out. He's sick right now too so it could just be that he's too tired to fight it. I hope it's the former. Otherwise I'm ready to give it all up and embrace co-sleeping.

Michelle

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-04-2012 - 9:37pm

Lucas started climbing out of his crib sometime after thanksgiving.

Pages