Who's talking?

Community Leader
Who's talking?
Mon, 08-08-2011 - 7:04pm

Just wondering how many of our BFs are talking now?

Gabe is still mostly one-word statements. Half of it I can't understand! He does pretty well saying "Addison" though, which is a tough word! DH said he says "Addison's school" when they get close to picking her up. I've heard other people say he's stringing words together, but honestly, I'm not seeing it!

Addison was talking in complete sentences exactly two weeks after her second birthday. Gabe is nowhere close!

I'm not worried yet...but I do wish he'd get on with it! LOL

Michelle

Mom to Addison (7) & Gabriel (4)

Community Leader
Tue, 08-09-2011 - 12:25pm
I take that back. He is saying "Dinosaur Train" and "fruit snacks." I think I'm the only one who understands what he's saying though! LOL

Michelle

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-10-2011 - 9:30am
Jesse is talking in short sentences now! But back in February he wasn't saying much and we were thinking he needed some speech therapy. He is even able to pick up new words after just hearing them once, especially the words we don't want him to learn.

Most of the time everyone understands what he says, but sometimes it doest take a while to figure out a few of the words because he can't make certain sounds. He usually says "sh" instead of "f" and he sometimes reverses some syllables (like button is bunnit).

Powered by CGISpy.com
Community Leader
Wed, 08-10-2011 - 2:24pm
That's great, Donna! It's so much easier when they're communicating.

I just remembered another one of Gabe's..."trash truck." LOL. It's the highlight of our Thursday mornings around here...to watch the trash guy circle the neighborhood then go outside and wave when he's in front of our house.

Michelle

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-10-2011 - 2:31pm
Kira's talking pretty well, including a lot of multiple word sentences. Some things only DH or I can understand (like her favorite line of "Twinkle Twinkle" lol), but for the most part she's fairly clear.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-10-2011 - 4:33pm
Well now that chloe is in speech it has gotten a lot better. Just one word phases though. She labels everything mostly.... (chair, sit, jumping, door, snack).

She has done 2 words but not very often...she said NO peas lol....(she loves peas, just in a bad mood LMAO)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-11-2011 - 10:32am
One of Jesse favorite phrases is "Battery bad." He says this whenever something doesn't work.

When Jenna cries he'll turn to us and say, "I'll get the baby!" We then have to run to get there before he does.