Breastfeeding Moms check in!

iVillage Member
Breastfeeding Moms check in!
Fri, 07-24-2009 - 10:25pm

I thought we should have another check in of all our breastfeeding Moms now that we are a playgroup.

How long have you been breastfeeding?

Have you introduced a bottle yet? If not will you?

Any big milestones or things to brag on?

Any issues or questions we might help with?

Any product recommendations?

So content!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-24-2009 - 10:38pm

How long have you been breastfeeding? It will be 2months this sunday!! wow time flies :(

Have you introduced a bottle yet? If not will you? Yup i have and he does awesome! no formula though i just pump a bottle for when i go to the gym just in case he wakes up! and sometimes i bring one on outings if i think it will be a situation where i might not be able to breastfeed comfortably

Any big milestones or things to brag on? not really! just making it two months is a big enough milestone for me! and its going great so that is exciting too

Any issues or questions we might help with? none i can think of really...

Any product recommendations? i still like my target nursing bras and i bought some tube tops from american eagle and i wear them under other shirts they work great for easy boob access while out and about... i could find any maternity tanks i thought were cute and some were over $40 so i went to AE!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Thanks Michelle!

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-24-2009 - 10:38pm

I have been nursing from day one but have had to offer a bottle a few times. It is always ebm. He does okay but prefers the boob.

I would love to brag on the fact that I have made it 2 mths when I didn't even think I would bf at all. I hope to make it to 6 mths or longer. We will see what happens when he gets teeth. That could be my deal breaker.

cljjsiggy

Thank you Jenn for this great siggy

pbwl15PhotobucketPhotobucket

Lilypie

Lilypie
Photobucketcenter>
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-24-2009 - 10:46pm

How long have you been breastfeeding? 5 1/2 weeks so far and its going great!

Have you introduced a bottle yet? If not will you? Yah. we giver her a bottle of EBM now and then so DH can participate in feeding her.

Any big milestones or things to brag on? Not really, just that I am proud to say she has never had a drop of formula. She's still 100% breastmilk!

Lexi D Photobucket &
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-24-2009 - 10:56pm

How long have you been breastfeeding? 6 weeks and 2 days.. Woo

Have you introduced a bottle yet? If not will you? Yes. He gets a little formula a day to supplement when he's extra hungry. Most days he gets 6oz. Today he got 2 :) I'm happy about that. He also gets expressed milk in a bottle.

Any big milestones or things to brag on? We hit 6 weeks! I Never made it this far with my DD so I feel super proud of myself.

Any issues or questions we might help with? Shallow latch.. oh boy it's hard to fix. I've tried the deep latch technique and it works for a few days and then he gets lazy again.. I keep trying it but he's been in a lazy latch mood lately. Grr!

Any product recommendations? Medela Breast Shells are fabulous for sore nipples, though they make them look a lil funny :) (especially under your shirt.. DH kindly tells me it looks like wiffle balls in my bra, and likes to flick them with his fingers because they're so hard)

Lilypie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-24-2009 - 10:58pm
that's my deal breaker too.. the teeth. We'll see how that goes, but I fully am preparing myself for the worst, just in case.

Lilypie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-24-2009 - 11:07pm

How long have you been breastfeeding? almost 6 weeks now:)

Have you introduced a bottle yet? If not will you? yes, she took it, but wasn't overly happy about it.

Any big milestones or things to brag on? lots of smiles and coos, loving to "stand"

Any issues or questions we might help with? Not now, but I'm sure I'll have questions/issues with stretching the time between feedings (currently 1-2 hrs during the day and 2-4 hrs at night; once she went 5 hrs, but it was a fluke)

Any product recommendations? The Gap's nursing bras.

Liz

DS March, 2006

DD June 14, 2009

Liz

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-24-2009 - 11:18pm

5.5 weeks

Yep! Used it about 5 times now because of my nipple pain and he took it without one hestitation, lol. We used Dr. Brown's.

As of yesterday I FINALLY have no nipple pain. LO was tongue-tied and I finally caved and had it cut and it made all the difference!

The last 3 evenings LO has eaten every 45 minutes for about 3 hours and won't be consoled, and I keep running out of milk for him by hour 2.5 so he just wants to chew on me. I know this is probably to build up my milk supply, but I just have no more milk in there! I'm wondering if everyone else let's baby chew on them to stimulate production or if you just try to distract baby until you have milk again? Or do you supplement with milk stash? I'm getting worn out!

Any product recommendations? I love Gripe water! LO has reflux and gets hiccups with every feeding that REALLY upset him. The moment he gets his first swallow of gripe water his hiccups stop (yep that fast!).

Angela

Photobucket

Photobucket

Angela

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-24-2009 - 11:58pm

6 weeks 1 day

Yes. We introduced one (expressed BM) at 3 weeks 6 days. With my DS the lamaze teacher said that the 4-6 week window is the critical time to introduce a bottle if you want them to easily accept it. It worked for him so we did the same with our JJ.

Just plugging along here.

Although JJ takes the bottle she doesn't like it very much and also seems to have a little bit of difficulty latching on the breast since the introduction. We are still successfully EBF it's just a bit more frustrating.

Nope.

Spring '09 Siggy

THANK YOU FOR MY WONDERFUL SIGGY SOPHIE!!!

baby

Sweet Pea BlinkieFull JJ Girl FlashingCool kids get siblings 2009

baby

Photobucket

PhotobucketLP 300 PostsJJ 150 Posts

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-25-2009 - 12:12am

How long have you been breastfeeding? I've been breastfeeding for 6 weeks, 5 days.

Have you introduced a bottle yet? If not will you? We've given her a few bottles. I'll probably mostly keep her on the boob, though, unless I really can't be there.

Any big milestones or things to brag on? Lucy started cooing yesterday. She gets this really huge, beautiful smile and lets out these happy sounds. So sweet.

Any issues or questions we might help with? We went to the ped. today because Lucy has been having trouble nursing in the late afternoons/evenings. She acts really hungry, starts rooting, then pulls away and cries when I try to nurse her. This lasted 8 hours last night and I felt worried about her because she really hadn't had a good feeding in that time. The doctor thought she probably has reflux/and mild colic. We're going to try baby zantac and see if it helps.

I'm also on antibiotics for mastitis. I'm hoping it's cleared up completely by now.

Any product recommendations? Can't really think of any at the moment.

Erika

EllieandLucy
LilypieLilypie
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-25-2009 - 2:25am

two years two and a half months (I am tandem nursing)

no and hopefully not, so much easier just to nurse I think

Best nursing experience so far. He is a natural!

Nothing comes to mind

Like PP my whole line of "nursing wear" comes from AE. I love that store!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
Lilypie Kids birthday PicLilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Mackay

Pages