formula mixed with BM??

iVillage Member
formula mixed with BM??
Mon, 07-27-2009 - 1:21pm

k... so i know i posted a question about this before, but i am wondering if anyone else is doing this? i want kate to get my milk, but she never gets full enough and i end up making a separate formula bottle anyway so i started mixing it half and half yesterday and she is sooo much more happy... i am slowly adding more BM and hoping that maybe she will still stay satisfied, but so far it's the fifty/fifty mix that works best for her... am i alone in doing this??

we also switched bottles... the bornfree slow flow nipple combined with the venting system seems to be the best for her so far... ugh... i just want her to be satisfied and happy... feeding her is turning out to be so much more work than i thought it would be!!

Powered by CGISpy.com

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-27-2009 - 3:12pm
I am mixing Jayla's formula and BM, the only thing is that is she doesn't finish the bottle then the BM is wasted. But I know Jayla will eat about 5 ozs so I mix accordingly. Now I do know mix the formula according to instructions and then add your BM, don't use your BM to mix the formula with only water. Also if you have the BM formula mixture once they have drank from it and if they don't finish it throw it away becuase it starts breeding bacteria. If it is just BM than you can put it back in the fridge for awhile if it has been drank from. Hope this helps!!!!... It sounds like we are SO IN THE SAME BOAT!!!!!!
Photobucket
JJS
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-27-2009 - 4:15pm

I was doing this for a while until he started wasting the bottles. His eating schedule is all out of wack and I never know if hes going to want 2 ounces or 4 ounces. I'm having an impossible time keeping up with him in the first place so I dont want him to waste even a drop of my BM.

Originally, the 50/50 mix was working though. Now I just mix 2 separate bottles. During the day is not an issue, but bedtime was becoming a pain. Now, Before I go to sleep, I prepare four 2 ounce bottles of water. If he needs a formula bottle, all I have to do is add the powder and shake and i'm good. It takes like 2 seconds and is a piece of cake if you're half asleep.

Anyway, point is... what you're doing is completely fine, you just run the risk of wasting BM if for some reason she doesnt finish the bottle.

Glad you're finally finding something that works for her!

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-27-2009 - 4:29pm
good to know i am not alone... supply is not an issue for me, i am actually out of storage till she drinks more BM! sigh... it's such a game... one minute she's perfect, the next she's a grouch and it's stopped working. i am exhausted!!