"throwing up" after eating?

iVillage Member
"throwing up" after eating?
Sat, 07-25-2009 - 2:45pm

i am hoping someone might have some insight into something that has been happening with kate the last few times she has eaten. a little background... we are pumping, breastfeeding and supplementing... sigh. she nurses for her nighttime feedings (when she wakes mom up! LOL!), then nurses the first feeding of the morning, and then gets bottles of expressed milk the rest of the day. we occasionally supplement with formula when i need to get something done (going to the store, a trip to the botanical gardens like we took yesterday... that sort of thing) and need to have her be full longer.

last night, after we had been out with a friend, i came home around five and gave her a bottle. she hadn't eaten for three hours and guzzled about four ounces of breast milk (her last feeding of the afternoon had been formula). i burped her, she wouldn't burp and i needed to pump before picking amante up from work so i put her down and pumped. she started fussing, so i sat her up to pick her up, and she projectile vomited all over me! almost all the milk she had just eaten seemed to come up! and it was undigested! fast forward to this morning and we nursed like always, gave her about three ounces two hours ago, and just gave a very hungry girl about three ounces for lunch. she pooped, which is pretty normal for her while eating, and then i pulled the bottle away from her mouth so i could wipe up some that had dribbled out the corner of her mouth, and she projectile vomited again!! just like last nite!!

anyone having issues with this? she doesn't seem hungry now, but i wouldn't be hungry now if i had just tossed my cookies either!! is it maybe something in my milk, because she doesn't do it when i give her formula. i am pumping and putting it right into storage in the fridge, and none of it is more than two days old ever... maybe she has a bug? i just want her to get what she needs, and this is new for her... help!! please?? any thoughts would be welcomed. fwiw, amante thinks her system just over loaded this time, which i can accept... but last night? and the fact that it has happened twice??

i am worried, to be honest!!

Powered by CGISpy.com

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-25-2009 - 5:38pm
thanks girls... that's what it seems to be... that she's eating too fast and then has to relieve the pressure in her stomach. it's not even bubble... it's more that her stomach can't take it all so it expells everything. she is super snuggly today, and sleeping more than usual... so maybe it's a little of both. some not feeling well, and some stomach being too full. thanks for weighing in, i feel much better, and aparently so does kate... only giving her one ounce at a time seems to be helping. hugs!! i am so glad you are all here!!