transition to flat surface?

iVillage Member
transition to flat surface?
Mon, 07-27-2009 - 4:42pm

We've been using the newborn napper portion of our pack n play for Owen to sleep in at night. It looks like this:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3417592

I love it because it cradles him and keeps him propped up slightly at the head. BUT he's already getting huge and will be outgrowing it soon.

This means we'll have to transition him to the portion underneath. Its completely flat and so far, he hasnt liked being completely flat on his back AT ALL. Besides that, I'm really paranoid about him throwing up while he's on his back.

How should I transition him to the other part of the pack n play? Also, is there some kind of safe sleep positioner or something that I could use? When we eventually transition to the crib, I plan on elevating the mattress slightly to keep his head elevated, but the pack n play doesnt give us the same option!

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-27-2009 - 5:00pm

Gavin sleeps in his cradle and we prop

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-27-2009 - 6:54pm
i agre with pp about propping the front legs up. we use phone books. our pediatric gastroenterologist recommended it to help w/ the puking but also babies tend to turn their heads to the side so he probably wouldnt chike on it anyway. hth!
 Lexi D Photobucket &