Anyone else only having one?

iVillage Member
Anyone else only having one?
Mon, 04-26-2010 - 3:11pm

I always wanted two kids, and so did DH.

Powered by CGISpy.com

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-26-2010 - 3:19pm
well, I was starting to think I would be perfectly happy with just Piper. but... ummm... yep! guess we will be perfectly happy with two:)!! (and DH getting a little "operation" before he can come near me!! lol)

Photobucket

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

pregnancy due date

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-26-2010 - 3:30pm

Sorry to thread jack - JJ is my second so this a mute question for me LOL.

But I just had to say I LOVE the picture of piper and your feet - now I have to take one of Anisa's and my feet. Good idea :)

Photobucket

Thank you for my wonderful Siggy Lee (of Crumbsnatchers)!

VBAC Mommy

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Gingersnap Siggy 2010

JJ Winter 2010 Siggy

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-26-2010 - 3:34pm
lol thank you!!!:) I just looked down the other day and giggled at how teeny they looked by mine so i had to do it:)!

Photobucket

pregnancy due date
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-26-2010 - 3:46pm

haha...im totally stealing the pic idea, too! ive seen another idea i want to try where you lay down and take a pic of the bottoms of your feet...super cute :)

for me, it was more about giving DD a sibling...there is nothing like seeing the love they have for eachother! we waited 3yrs and are done with two, but i wouldnt change a thing. Jas was an easy baby, though...i always joke if Matteo was first, he might be an only child! LOL good luck with whatever you decide!

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-26-2010 - 4:43pm

Hi Kelly!

I could have written your post about 4 months ago...after Reece was born it was just so HARD being a new mom (and getting up in the middle of the night was, and is still, the hardest part for me), that I had pretty much decided that one child was enough!! It took about 5 months until I had gotten to the point where I had changed my mind a little bit and was OPEN to maybe having another one...I know DH would totally be happy with just one, though (he's an only child himself). But, we have pretty much decided (well, I have decided, DH will do whatever I want to do!) to have another one.

I definitely agree with the PP - for me, it's about having a brother or sister for Reece. My brother and I are really close and get along really well, and if we didn't have another one I would be afraid that we wouldn't be giving him a great opportunity for a great sibling relationship, you know? But, like you, I want at least a 3 year (preferably a 4 year) separation between the two, so we won't be trying for quite a while. And as Reece gets older and things get easier and he gets more fun and able to do more things, I do think it would be fun to have one more. But two is definitely my limit!

I totally think that if you want just one, that is wonderful! I totally understand your decision - we had trouble getting pregnant with Reece, so if we have a really hard time with #2, we will probably decide to just stop trying at some point and be perfectly happy with just Reece. :) But I know what you mean, it does seem like everyone is going for #2 already or already has 2+ kids!

Photobucket
Thanks to pamelat0318 for my beautiful signature!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Thanks to Tany
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-26-2010 - 5:14pm

I think Dylan will be our only child. My DH really loves kids -- he used to joke that he wanted to have ten. But, we had a really hard time after Dylan was born, and it took about six months before I could even think about having another child. I had terrible PPD and PTSD, and I never felt equipped to handle the day-to-day grind of motherhood. But then, around Thanksgiving, everything started to get better. I've always loved Dylan, but I started to really enjoy him then.

But then, at the beginning of December, my OB discovered a ton of cysts on my ovaries. She says it will be very hard for us to conceive again, and even harder to stay pregnant if we do manage. I think my DH is still holding out hope that it will happen for us, but I'm trying to focus on how happy we are with Dylan. Having only one child will mean that we have more time (and money) to spend on him. And truly, I don't think I could ever look forward to the first six months again. It was just too hard.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-26-2010 - 6:20pm

I think I may have had some form of PPD, or else I just have some mild depression