Baby fever!
Sun, 03-21-2010 - 5:00pm
Does anyone else have baby fever?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Parenting
iVillage Member
In reply to: itsajessday
Sun, 03-21-2010 - 8:44pm
DH and I are not planning to have #2 for quite a while (at least another 2 years until we start trying), but I have a friend who is pregnant and I just let her borrow all of my maternity clothes. I was taking them off the hangers and putting them in a bag, and as I was doing it I was thinking "Wow, I loved these tops! I loved being pregnant!!" I really did enjoy being pregnant...seeing the clothes made me miss it!!!
Photobucket
Thanks to scrappyjill for my beautiful signature!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Thanks to Tany
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-21-2010 - 10:32pm
Although I didn't LOVE being pregnant, I've got a touch of BF. Two of my friends are preggers right now and I'm coming around to thinking about it. I think as of august we will actively try. I'm nervous but also think that soon is better than later.
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-22-2010 - 12:27am

I soooo have baby fever right now!!! 6 (out of 15 total) people at work are pregnant! and my close friend just had a baby last week. Im totally in the same boat.

I have a couple different feelings on this! We really arent ready for another one yet. We need to get the heck out of the IL's house, and get into a better position (financially and emotionally). Also, I think some of my feelings on wanting another one so soon stem from the fact that I feel almost like I want another "chance" at things. There are a lot of things Im still really emotional about (not being able to BF, c-section, etc) that I feel like I just want a chance at doing it again... kwim?

So with all that said, we are preventing the best we can (I have bad reactions to b/c) but if we DID get pregnant, we would find a way to make it work. Im not very religious, but I really do believe God has a plan for everyone and he wont give us more than we can handle

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-22-2010 - 1:01am

Kristen - I am TOTALLY in the same boat as you.

Parenting
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-22-2010 - 1:26am

Im so relieved to find someone who feels the same way I do. I was waiting to get some responses telling me those are bad reasons for wanting another!

Even though Owen is already 9 months old, I feel like it was just yesterday that I was in the hospital having him! I hired a doula, was all set on having a "natural" birth, was planning on BF'ing for at least 2 years, etc etc. And I feel like all of those "dreams" were crushed. After a forced induction and 30 hours of horrible horrible labor, I ended up with a c-section. And even though Im still sensitive about that, Im having the hardest time with the whole BF'ing thing.

I had a really hard time getting him to latch the first day and when he finally did, he was doing such a great job! I felt so accomplished! But then he was wanting to eat like every hour! It was killing me and I thought maybe I wasnt making enough for him. The nurses were telling me "no, its normal! Just to feed him!" But then the pedi at the hossy came in and said "well if you need to supplement with formula, go ahead. he might need more".... so when I got home, I did. And it was ALL over from there.

I've done a TON of research since then (regretfully not before he was born) and I think the main reason I feel so much sadness and regret is because I know BF'ing would've worked out had it not been for that stupid pedi!!!

Anyway, didnt mean for this to get so long... it just feels good to know there is someone else who feels like I do!! I just really want a chance to do things "right" (in my eyes). I almost feel like I want a do-over! Sad, I know

Photobucket
Photobucket