Baby Shower Invitation - LMBO

iVillage Member
Baby Shower Invitation - LMBO
Sun, 10-17-2010 - 6:57pm

I was over visiting with bil and his gf when she showed me a baby shower invitation she recieved in the mail. Since we have all had or been to a baby shower I thought you would get a kick out of this. Along with all the other usual info there were 2 extra comments. The first said " This is XXXXX day so don't bring your kids" the second comment was " Only call XXXXX if you have to. Otherwise use mapquest to get directions". Luckily I didn't get one. I would have to decline on the simple fact that we rarely have a sitter available to use and I wouldn't use it to go to a baby shower for someone who doesn't like kids.

Photobucketcenter><
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-17-2010 - 10:18pm

Wow! I can't beleive that. I have to say some of my younger cousins age 3, I wish wasn't at my shower. They were "smelling" the cake with their noses 1 centimeters from my cakes! Then they stuck thier fingers in all of the candy bowls. UGH UGH. Lets just say my mom and Dale were not happy. I should note, thier mom and grandma would NOT say anything to them.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-18-2010 - 10:18am

:smileysurprised: hahaha that's just rude.

Did her bridal shower invite say to buy off the registry or just give cash? there is a semi polite way to word the kids thing if they were really looking for a more grown up event.

I know my 1st go down the aisle his one nephew was a nightmare and any event like that we did we made sure he was under the age limit so we wouldn't have to deal with him. horrible as that sounds . but he really was a nightmare. had many many many issues and parents that didn't want to deal with him so they let him run free.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-18-2010 - 2:12pm

It was for a baby shower. I get not wanting kids there but saying its her day and no one elses so don't bring your kids is rude. She did include a baby slip for Walmart. Now I don't know why I am surprised that her invite would be like that since the wedding invite said "Trap shooting foloowing ceremony so bring your own gun". Can we say redneck. lol. Of course Russ took his gun. lol.

Photobucketcenter><
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-19-2010 - 8:30am

lol it should have said it is xxxx day so lets not give her a glimpse of her future haha. i can understand not wanting kids there i guess but i think there is a nicer way to put it.

that is so funny about the gun, that is probably the only wedding i could get Scotty to go too:)

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-19-2010 - 8:52am

See I don't know why you wouldn't want kids at a baby shower. I get the bridal shower or other things. We had wine at my bridal shower but not the baby shower. I really enjoyed watching the kids play the games. But we did ask at the wedding when they would be having kids and her reply was "I don't like kids so we won't be having any". I just hope she knows that she is having a kid. When we saw her and her dh last you could tell he was excited and she could careless. Besides her smoking and drinking (more than just a small drink) when I asked about the baby she walked away and her dh answered all the questions. I feel real bad for this baby and I hope it will have love from somewhere.

Photobucketcenter><
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-19-2010 - 2:34pm

LOL dont call.. mapquest.. that part was the best i think. I believe there is a better way to say no kids. My mom requested no kids at my shower because my first baby shower people brought their kids and they got cake in the white carpet.. flooded the toilet.. knocking things over.. no one was controling their children because we were trying to do the shower games.. Also my mom's house is very nice and clean with exspensive things so she did not want the same thing to happen again. Did I mention she has OCD as well?? lol

Photobucket
Thanks Michelle!